IPhone to Android

You can buy new iPhones a model or two back at great discount. When a new one is introduced a price reduction happens shortly thereafter typically of current and previous models.

Another note there is a way of sharing a link from a FaceTime user on apple to Android and it launches as web app.

If your family uses apple they’re a small nuances that are annoying being the one or two Android users on group texts and FaceTime is challenging.

Exactly, I don't understand how anyone can say Apple makes things easy when they actively make things more difficult.
I can’t exactly blame Apple for not playing nice with RCS. Google has a LONG history of implementing something for a few years then just giving up on it and shutting it down. Apple makes things stupid easy for people within their ecosystem.

If I had to buy an android, it’d be a Pixel but I’m putting something like GrapheneOS on it. They at least have a consistent record for timely updates.

I’ve owned both personally and you couldn’t pay me to own another Android product. I don’t like the layout or setup of Android and I’m not a technology person so I have a hard time navigating Android more. Everyone has their preferences which is ok. My parents have not at all been pleased with their Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultras and will be switching to Apple next go around. We can upgrade anytime I plan on waiting for the 15 Pro. I remember my first day with an Apple phone it was the day I said I’d never look back. If you want a lower cost option look at the SE or a pre owned one maybe. I know when I traded in my iPhone XR during the chip shortage they gave me $582 so i could not really turn it down as much as I hate to trade in because we keep our old phones as extras. Plus Apple you have FaceTime, iMessage and a bunch of other awesome features. I say definitely stay with iPhone. I do agree on the price but it’s so much more worth it in my opinion.

Just regular texting works fine.
As best I know trying to send video with Android built in text app is horrendous and hasn’t improved since Android was created.

Last night to confirm I had my sister in law text me a video from her $1000 plus Samsung and looked like garbage on my iPhone 13 just as it does on other Android phones and everyone knows this.

iPhone built in text app sends really nice video to other iPhone users making it very convenient

Last edited:
Exactly, I don't understand how anyone can say Apple makes things easy when they actively make things more difficult.

Preface: I'm not saying this is right and this is why they've come after Apple in anti-trust matters.

Apple makes things easy for Apple users. Apple doesn't care about Android users. Apple users are paying Apple, Android users are not.

As best I know trying to send video with Android built in text app is horrendous and hasn’t improved since Android was created.

Last night to confirm I had my sister in law text me a video from her $1000 plus Samsung and looked like garbage on my iPhone 13 just as it does on other Android phones and everyone knows this.

iPhone built in text app sends really nice video to other iPhone users making it very convenient
Had an android, started dating my now wife and got an iPhone, subsequently had a kid-got married-had another kid, went back to android and VERY quickly realized how depressing it is to receive a potato vision video filmed from the friggin moon of your kids doing something cute.

Had an android, started dating my now wife and got an iPhone, subsequently had a kid-got married-had another kid, went back to android and VERY quickly realized how depressing it is to receive a potato vision video filmed from the friggin moon of your kids doing something cute.

The smart ones put the video on Youtube as an unlisted video and share that link with others. That way, you can view the video in it's best quality on any device that can view Youtube videos, including your 55" smart TV.

Android phones can take very good videos.

The smart ones put the video on Youtube as an unlisted video and share that link with others. That way, you can view the video in it's best quality on any device that can view Youtube videos, including your 55" smart TV.

Use Google Photos to backup either your iPhone or Android and you can share links to see quality videos.

Which is great and all, when you’re home and not at work. I’ll still take a quick iMessage in decent to great quality over that, a little moral boost while I slave away is always nice.

Someone can send me a YT link in a message, I click on it, the video plays.
It’s really an unnecessary step that I, my parents, nor wife can be bothered to do when we can send high quality images and videos to each other directly or in a group chat. My brother in the only one with an android in our family, we’ve all given up sending him videos but at least pictures go through fine.

It’s really an unnecessary step that I, my parents, nor wife can be bothered to do when we can send high quality images and videos to each other directly or in a group chat. My brother in the only one with an android in our family, we’ve all given up sending him videos but at least pictures go through fine.

If the video isn't worth the extra steps to put it in a place where it's archived "forever", it's probably not worth watching, IMHO.

Nope, just select any photo or video and choose the little Cast button in Google Photos. It will search for any smart devices on the same network. Pretty much just works.
I think the point started with posts about Apples text messaging capabilities. How easy it is to send text messages and text videos using the default text app. Something Android doesnt have. To be realistic the vast majority like the convenience of text messaging, its why they choose text over phone calls, same goes for a quick photo which I am certain over 90% of the population must do.
Well Apples text messaging also allows quality video clips to be sent just as easy as a photo or text and almost all iPhone users love that feature.
No third party apps, no links, Apple to Apple text messages can contain text, photos and video with just a click. The conversation on this if I remember correctly was someone saying that Android can do that too. No, it cant was my only point.

With that said, both Android and Apple can install many apps to send texts, photos, videos, simple stuff but Apple its built in and universal among it users and most users its simple and easy, they dont want to bother with anything else.

For those that do want to bother, its more of an effort, the people you send too have to want to download an app and let's face it most wont or yeah, you can upload and send out a link, again, most dont want to bother.

But for someone like in our family who has family overseas, Viber is a fantastic app to send photos, full videos and video phone calls, all free. Equally useable on Android and Apple.
There are many others but Viber has been in use in my family for, gosh, 10 years or more? Some of these people travel all around the world, stay in touch easy, all they need is their cell connection, any wifi connection on any device with the app installed. They can make phones calls with the app, send photos, HIGH quality video. But outside of people like that, no one wants to bother with a third party app, including me. Viber is used by my wife's family on the other side of the world and friends all around the world so that is more a special use.

I have nothing against Android, I said it’s a mess because many Android phones are slow to get security updates, some if ever.
Just an observation from my corner, My Samsung on Cricket Wireless no contract has been updating almost bi-monthly to the point of being irritating, as some junk apps always come along with the security and functionality updates. Easy enough to delete now that I know how to - with the long press on the icon "trick"

Preface: I'm not saying this is right and this is why they've come after Apple in anti-trust matters.

Apple makes things easy for Apple users. Apple doesn't care about Android users. Apple users are paying Apple, Android users are not.

What's funny is Apple keeps pushing privacy and security, yet their default messaging app sends out unencrypted messages to anyone not on an Apple device.

Back