IPhone to Android

Greetings All-
I'm getting fed up with Apple iPhone cost. Allegedly, the soon to be released 15 will cost $200 more. I'm thinking of getting an android based device like Motorola or Pixel. Is it difficult to transfer photos, use Facetime, etc? Apple is great- no bloatware, secure, long term OS upgrades and security updates and it always works. But $1200-$1500?

my wife still has iPhone X, works flawlessly everything the battery since 2018

You can always get the previous version for fee with a 12-24 month plan.

No facetime on droid, also no high def videos via txt as droid doesn't have a system like Imessage.
the cameras on the pixel and galaxy 20 whatever it is now is absolutely amazing. hands down better then iphone.
i've tried 5 different droids, i always go back to iphone.

Greetings All-
I'm getting fed up with Apple iPhone cost. Allegedly, the soon to be released 15 will cost $200 more. I'm thinking of getting an android based device like Motorola or Pixel. Is it difficult to transfer photos, use Facetime, etc? Apple is great- no bloatware, secure, long term OS upgrades and security updates and it always works. But $1200-$1500?
How much space in photos are you talking about? Easy solution is to download google photos on your iphone, upload/backup what you need to. As Killer223 said above no facetime on android.

I'm an Android user but it doesn't sound like you want to transfer over for the right reasons. You don't have to buy a brand new iPhone all time truth is you can buy the iPhone 11 or 12 and they're just fine they age very well. My my wife's 11 still runs like new, can't even tell it's old. Buy the last year's model and wait for a sale.
The one thing that I really like about iOS is iTunes because being able to make a full backup on Mac or Windows is just so nice. You can't do that with any other phone I still need things that I miss from iOS. Don't really care for imessage but it's still nice. Overall stick to iOS, buy last year's model on black Friday or Christmas sale.

How much space in photos are you talking about? Easy solution is to download google photos on your iphone, upload/backup what you need to. As Killer223 said above no facetime on android.
Facetime is an Apple proprietary app, like most of the iStuff ecosystem. You would use WhatsApp to for video calls on an Android phone.

Last edited:
I bought my daughter a pixel - her choice - from a iphone 8 I think? She likes it. But she is working on a software degree so its a cred thing. She is happy with it, but she is pretty tech savvy obviosly.

Rest of the family has iphone. I have no choice - mine is a company phone. I feel like she is less connected to the rest of us - no facetime, no IM. If most of the people you communicate with have an iphone you will likely want to stay that path.

I feel your pain with Apple pricing. I’ve been an Apple products consumer since 1983, so I’ve been in the game for a while. Even so, I’ve been tempted to go android, simply because Apple runs behind in modern tech and new features. On the other hand, they do make the better mouse trap in terms of build quality. It’s a mixed bag. I may split the difference and buy a Pixel on a separate account to test the waters. In this way I’m not giving up on Apple, and I can still play around with android. Granted, it’s not the most feasible way to go. 🤷‍♂️

I bought the Luddite model iphone - the SE that still had the home button and smaller format. A 128 gig phone was about $600 to buy and get operational. My fingers aren't nimble enough to operate the swipe up phones with one hand.

Well, Apple makes and incredible product. Rock solid. People love 'em; there's a reason for it.
I use a Google Pixel 6 Pro. Love it.

They all cost too much, IMO.

That was the other phone I was considering before I bought the iPhone 14 Pro Max. Before this I had a OnePlus 8. What I like about Apple is as far as software support goes I tend to use an iPhone longer.

Wait till it comes out instead of assuming what it will cost. Android is a mess and all over the map. My favorite smartphone was an Alcatel Idol 3 with a 4.7" screen. My current phone is an iPhone 12 mini.

Reactions: Y_K
Once you’ve had iPhone, you won’t like Android, they’re not as reliable nor intuitive to use.

Android is 100% as reliable as iPhone, intuitive is in the eye of the beholder. I will say a lot of users find it frustrating to change from Android to iOS or vice versa.

For what it's worth...lol

Back