Android to iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
I have had a couple androids and 3 IPhones. iPhones just a smoother operation and batteries seem to last 3x as long as far as life goes.

I do have to admit, I am impressed with my iPhone 7 battery life. I'm not sure I've seen it fall below 50%

Originally Posted By: racer12306
Originally Posted By: javacontour
I was forced into this move and haven't really liked it.

First, there is no place for my SD card in an iPhone.

Second, I find there are features/actions missing. I miss being able to alias Bluetooth devices. I have two identical head units in two separate cars. They have a generic name based on the HU model. In my Galaxy S5, I could rename each in my phone. I.E. I'd call one Protege5 and the other MGM for Mercury Grand Marquis. With my iPhone, I can't do that without rooting my company provided phone.

Really Apple? Giving me the ability to alias a Bluetooth device shouldn't break security.

I'd really like a consistent back button. It seems like apps do this differently. With an Android phone, you had a back button you could use to go back.

Don't get me wrong, my iPhone 7 works. However, it's not any more reliable nor stable than the S5 I turned in a few months ago.

Also, not a fan of the lightning connected headphones either... Can't use wired headphones AND charge my phone at the same time.

SD Cards: My Nexus can't do that either so I haven't missed that on my phone. Now I do use the SD option on my Note 10 for media purposes, both for downloading from Netflix/Prime or storing my own files.

Alias: I've never done this so I've never noticed.

Can you still not transfer data over the Apple bluetooth?

Thanks for reminding me of another irritation. Apparently, Apple Bluetooth doesn't play nice with the ELM327 Bluetooth ODBII devices, so I have to either keep an Android device around or get one of the WiFi devices to work with my new iPhone.

The irritation with no SD card slot isn't with transferring data, it's with adding storage at a better price point for the storage.

I can add 128gb of storage to most Android phones for pennies/GB vs dollars/GB at the Apple store.

I've converted to bluetooth headphones, and I hate earpods or whatever they call them. They don't fit my ear. I'll have to see how I adjust to the lack of back button.

I use Bluetooth earbuds, FWIW.

My understanding is that Apple designs their own batteries that are specific to the phone, so the iPhone 7 has a battery that was designed for the iPhone 7.

Originally Posted By: javacontour

Thanks for reminding me of another irritation. Apparently, Apple Bluetooth doesn't play nice with the ELM327 Bluetooth ODBII devices, so I have to either keep an Android device around or get one of the WiFi devices to work with my new iPhone.

The irritation with no SD card slot isn't with transferring data, it's with adding storage at a better price point for the storage.

I can add 128gb of storage to most Android phones for pennies/GB vs dollars/GB at the Apple store.

I forgot about the Torque/ELM deal. At least I'll have Android devices in the house with nothing to do. There are wifi versions, but they do cost more. If I were to get an Android, it would be a Pixel, so I'd be stuck without an SD slot there too. I agree it's pretty ridiculous that it's an extra $100 to get a 128GB phone instead of the 32GB phone. These manufacturers are making out like crazy on that. I'm sure a part of it has to do with the fact that most people do not buy the phone outright, they finance it through their carrier and it's a relatively trivial cost difference when seen on a monthly basis.

Switched over to the iPhone 6 this weekend. Having a love/hate situation going on with the screen size. The phone is so tiny compared to my Nexus 6, but there are things where I really like the bigger screen. We'll see how it goes over the next 6 months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back