ANOTHER proven iPhone lifesaving feature for the newest iPhone 14

The measuring of blood pressure is a bit convoluted as I understand it. It measures changes in BP but you need to have a baseline measurement first with the traditional devices before proceeding. Blood pressure is a constant variable.

The whole health technology movement is fascinating. Future Apple AirPods will be able to monitor certain health parameters. I’m sure this technology will come to other manufacturers as well. I am waiting for the blood glucose measuring. When that happens it will certainly change the routines of diabetics like me who test daily and even those with CGM devices. No more needles!
As a person with extensive family history beside the heart is diabetes and even though I dont have it, at least not yet it would be very cool to be able to watch blood glucose (no pun intended) I know all about the finger pricks. I would love to see both BP and glucose. I do regularly check my BP and other than annual exam I dont with glucose but I would LOVE to be able to watch the levels and compare them to what I am eating. I REALLY try hard to eat right, but other times I know I can do better.
Being I love electronics, it motivates me and it's why for instance I even like Orange Theory Gym because it tracks your heart rate and I get to see it live.

Uncontrolled Diabetes can be so insidious its good to see people who take is serious.

I recently gave in and bought myself a new watch, my HRM that I used for bicycling had given up. Thought about Apple watch but end of the day, charging on a daily basis bugged me, so I didn't. Garmin Instinct 2 (not the newer X) and did have to get a chest strap. But easily go a week plus between charges.

The data is intriguing, while my family doesn't have much heart history problems, my dad does, so I tend to watch. Last ECG(?) did indicate something slightly off, but maybe it was always there, and an echo didn't show anything, so my plan is just to monitor. Imagine what this tech can do in a few years--I mean, just a few years ago all of this was a dream.

As a person with extensive family history beside the heart is diabetes and even though I dont have it, at least not yet it would be very cool to be able to watch blood glucose (no pun intended) I know all about the finger pricks. I would love to see both BP and glucose. I do regularly check my BP and other than annual exam I dont with glucose but I would LOVE to be able to watch the levels and compare them to what I am eating. I REALLY try hard to eat right, but other times I know I can do better.
Being I love electronics, it motivates me and it's why for instance I even like Orange Theory Gym because it tracks your heart rate and I get to see it live.

Uncontrolled Diabetes can be so insidious its good to see people who take is serious.

That’s why CGMs ( Continuous Glucose Monitors ) are gaining popularity. Even so, they require a sensor that either is attached to a needle or for some an implant that has to be done in the doctor office. If Apple is successful it will be the next big thing.

That’s why CGMs ( Continuous Glucose Monitors ) are gaining popularity. Even so, they require a sensor that either is attached to a needle or for some an implant that has to be done in the doctor office. If Apple is successful it will be the next big thing.
Yes I saw the ones where you wear a patch and that transmits to a device. I think someone commented that those still have some things like pins in them.?

This wouldn’t be for me, but I can see it being of used to people with diabetes?

I would buy a new Apple Watch in a heartbeat if I could see what my glucose level is as easy as I can do the ECG with the watch and not have to wear any external patches or devices.

I believe Apple purchased a company working on cuff less technology for blood pressure. Not knowing the intricacies of any of this stuff I would think the glucose is more attainable for a watch right now.

I absolutely love this stuff and I find it absolutely reasonably priced if it’s possible to put in an Apple Watch.
There’s no doubt in my mind one or both of these will be available in the future.
Good God, the benefit to human beings, who wish to take care of themselves is limitless as these devices come to market, and they really do have high expectations that Apple will be at the forefront for stuff that works and integrates easily into one’s life.
We shall see you would think I would’ve bought the stock by now! LOL
It’s on my watchlist, and all I do is watch it go up! 🤪

Last edited:
Yes I saw the ones where you wear a patch and that transmits to a device. I think someone commented that those still have some things like pins in them.?

This wouldn’t be for me, but I can see it being of used to people with diabetes?

I would buy a new Apple Watch in a heartbeat if I could see what my glucose level is as easy as I can do the ECG with the watch and not have to wear any external patches or devices.

I believe Apple purchased a company working on cuff less technology for blood pressure. Not knowing the intricacies of any of this stuff I would think the glucose is more attainable for a watch right now.

I absolutely love this stuff and I find it absolutely reasonably priced if it’s possible to put in an Apple Watch.
There’s no doubt in my mind one or both of these will be available in the future.
Good God, the benefit to human beings, who wish to take care of themselves is limitless as these devices come to market, and they really do have high expectations that Apple will be at the forefront for stuff that works and integrates easily into one’s life.
We shall see you would think I would’ve bought the stock by now! LOL
It’s on my watchlist, and all I do is watch it go up! 🤪

This might be something for the AirPods.

This might be something for the AirPods.
Yes, I saw you mention that before, at first I thought it was a typo, but I didn’t look any further into it so now that you mention it again, I suspect there must be something more to it.

That’s the one device made by Apple I don’t have. Even though I purchased AirPod pros for my wife.
I use two different kinds of Bose and my favorite to use in bed because they are so tiny are Jaybird Vista 2
One of my ears must be slightly different inside because I have trouble keeping an earbud in one ear with a fit that won’t come loose.
The Bose quiet comfort works perfect for me in the fit department and the Jaybirds are pretty good too.
But if Apple came out with a medical device attached to an earbud, I would certainly purchase it and make it work.

Yes, I saw you mention that before, at first I thought it was a typo, but I didn’t look any further into it so now that you mention it again, I suspect there must be something more to it.

That’s the one device made by Apple I don’t have. Even though I purchased AirPod pros for my wife.
I use two different kinds of Bose and my favorite to use in bed because they are so tiny are Jaybird Vista 2
One of my ears must be slightly different inside because I have trouble keeping an earbud in one ear with a fit that won’t come loose.
The Bose quiet comfort works perfect for me in the fit department and the Jaybirds are pretty good too.
But if Apple came out with a medical device attached to an earbud, I would certainly purchase it and make it work.

Here is an article that touches on it. The first thing looks to be temperature sensing which will help females track cycles as well as track body temperature. A new hearing test is upcoming as well.

I do wonder if the form factor will change though?

Yes, the Apple Health EGC stuff is real nice, and Apple was the first and is still the leader in this area, IMO. They are actively doing studies to further enhance the capabilities of the product and to give the medical community (even) more confidence in the product and taking feedback from the medical community as well. Nobody else is taking their health functions to this level.

My Samsung Galaxy watch 4 has ECG functions, and it makes a pretty nice graph that I can share with my doctor (and my mom whos is an ex-ER nurse with adanced cardiac and trauma life support certifications) if I have a concern about something. But the Apple Watch is definitely ahead on this as far as the amount of automations and alerts that it provides. Samsung does not have the depth in this area that Apple does. If I want to kick off an ECG on Samsung it's a manual activity.

The downside to the Apple Watch as to all things Apple is that it's a closed ecosystem. An Apple watch will not work with an Android phone. I think this may be the one area where not building out an app for Androids is shortsighted. Samsung and Google would sell very few smartwatches if Apple Watches worked on Android. They are just a lot nicer and more capable than the Google Wear products. But now that I don't have a work iPhone it's a harder sell.

I need something that will work with my Samsung phone, so Galaxy Watch it is. I might try Pixel next time though, maybe with the Fitbit acquisition and a couple of years under their belt, they will offer more features and a more polished interface. It won't be the current version though, I will wait for something that doesn't have such a huge expanse of glass on the bezel, and is not quite so buggy. I tried one of the Pixel watches after launch and I wasn't impressed. I'm hoping the coming versions are better. Either that or I try having an iPhone for my personal again, and just get another Apple Watch.

It all depends... In Ukraine the soldiers had to switch to Android. You and your comrades are dead quickly if you use an iPhone. Somehow Airplane Mode is different for the Apple.

Back