iPhone XR to android phone

My current device is the iPhone XR I have available to use a Nokia g310 5g or a moto g power 2022. I’m also a google user my primary email is a gmail and my personal computer is a Chromebook so I’m no stranger to the android world. I do enjoy that my family and majority of my phone associates are on the iPhone platform but not a deal breaker for me to stay on iOS for myself. Main reasons i would be interested in the switch is one my iPhone XR is starting to age out and two the thoughts of having one ecosystem since i use the chrome book for personal computing.

Is it worth the switch and which device if i did.

That's exactly why I never went to Apple platforms. Throw in the fact that I've used a Google Voice VOIP as my primary number for almost 13 years now it's an easy choice for me to stay with an Android phone. I use a One Plus 8 factory unlocked version.
I use google voice for a 2nd number that I give out for side work or ordering takeout etc. but this piggybacks off my primary line

The moto g power 2022 is a budget device, it has a slower processor and a less than top of the line display. It's not a bad phone, just not a great performer other than battery life. What's your budget? Are you looking at unlocked devices?

As someone that’s had both I absolutely cannot stand Android but everyone has their preferences I guess. I’ve always viewed Android as low quality phones and platforms but that’s just me. I never could figure out how to navigate the platform or anything. Since switching to Apple in 2019 starting with the XR then the 12 Pro and now the 15 Pro I’ll never go back. Apple is superior in every way. I only had to get Android because my parents have always been anti Apple but I finally convinced them I wanted what I thought was better. I don’t see how anyone could still be using the XR in 2023 almost 2024 lol. I gotta have a new phone every 2-2.5 years but that’s just me haha. Some advantages to Apple, iMessage games with your cool friends, better quality devices over all, a lot better software and a heck of a lot more secure. All of those are my opinion except security which is a fact. But I’ll say this I’m also so invested in Apple that I could not switch and don’t want to switch. Gmail is my primary email as well. The only advantage to Android I feel is email notifications, on Apple it just shows the number of emails on the email app it doesn’t send an alert for a new one coming in. And I will say this too I can’t stand Apple as a company but I love their products so that’s why I buy them. It’s rare for me to buy products from a company I don’t like.

Personally I think you would regret switching but that’s just me. I still have one of my old Android phones and I just look at it everyday and don’t miss it. If you do switch to Android though your entire family and friend group will know because you’ll be known as the green text message guy lol. If you do switch I say look at a higher model line Galaxy S series like the 22 or 23. They would be the best quality Android devices. My parents have the S21 Ultras and they hate them especially after the latest update but I don’t think I can convince them to switch to Apple lol.

The moto g power 2022 is a budget device, it has a slower processor and a less than top of the line display. It's not a bad phone, just not a great performer other than battery life..
That's what I have, and it works fine. It isn't the fanciest, flashiest, or fastest phone, but it was only $130 on Amazon, so..

My current device is the iPhone XR I have available to use a Nokia g310 5g or a moto g power 2022. I’m also a google user my primary email is a gmail and my personal computer is a Chromebook so I’m no stranger to the android world. I do enjoy that my family and majority of my phone associates are on the iPhone platform but not a deal breaker for me to stay on iOS for myself. Main reasons i would be interested in the switch is one my iPhone XR is starting to age out and two the thoughts of having one ecosystem since i use the chrome book for personal computing.

Is it worth the switch and which device if i did.
Id keep a single apple device just to maintain compatibility with others who are plugged into the ecosystem. It could be a mac, ipad, or an older iphone.

The droid devices you mention are fine, but are they stable and updated with new security updates is the million dollar question.

The moto g power 2022 is a budget device, it has a slower processor and a less than top of the line display. It's not a bad phone, just not a great performer other than battery life. What's your budget? Are you looking at unlocked devices?
Wasn’t looking to purchase any device I have both the moto and Nokia free ready to use if I decide to switch over

Id keep a single apple device just to maintain compatibility with others who are plugged into the ecosystem. It could be a mac, ipad, or an older iphone.

The droid devices you mention are fine, but are they stable and updated with new security updates is the million dollar question.
The Nokia has version 13 and the moto has 12 both with latest updates ran. been playing with both they have a 90hz refresh rate lcd panel and to my eyes both look impressive though the moto seems a bit brighter I can play around with display settings and see if I could get the Nokia to match the moto’s display.

The Nokia has version 13 and the moto has 12 both with latest updates ran. been playing with both they have a 90hz refresh rate lcd panel and to my eyes both look impressive though the moto seems a bit brighter I can play around with display settings and see if I could get the Nokia to match the moto’s display.
do you know how many updates they promised for each device?

This is a good question with budget devices maybe 2-3 yrs.? I’m trying to find that out I may have read the Nokia will have 3 yrs. But this doesn’t necessarily mean the budget device gets the latest os most likely just security patches.

My android phone will get 4 years worth of OS updates. My chromebook will get 7 years of security updates. After that there are some free security apps you could install or get new device then.

My family has long been on iPhone so it made sense for me to switch... but we all have PC's and some chromebooks, and it hasn't been a problem. At work I can't connect my phone to my PC so I'm very much in the habit of emailing photos to myself; there's really nothing I keep on my phone that I can't email off it, outside of a small personal photo library.

I suppose it'd be a pain to migrate contacts but that'd be a great time to drop anyone I didn't want to remember anyhow.

What phone service do you have? you could switch to FI and get a s23 for $299 right now.. must stay with fi for only 4 months... if it doesnt work out.

My family has long been on iPhone so it made sense for me to switch... but we all have PC's and some chromebooks, and it hasn't been a problem. At work I can't connect my phone to my PC so I'm very much in the habit of emailing photos to myself; there's really nothing I keep on my phone that I can't email off it, outside of a small personal photo library.

I suppose it'd be a pain to migrate contacts but that'd be a great time to drop anyone I didn't want to remember anyhow.
iCloud contacts to google ecosystem not so bad I’ve done this before. There’s just some chemical in my brain that’s preventing me from making the switchover lol

My android phone will get 4 years worth of OS updates. My chromebook will get 7 years of security updates. After that there are some free security apps you could install or get new device then.
The important takeaway is security updates. The way android is setup is slightly different from say pcs and having a good free antivirus. Nothing the end user can do besides safe operating protocols works here in the factory os. If the device accepts other supported and secure software like graphene os, thats usually the only work around that i know of. But thats usually outside the realm of most users and device upgrades are just simpler.

op look up whats the device mfgs timeline on security updates and then make your move.

iCloud contacts to google ecosystem not so bad I’ve done this before. There’s just some chemical in my brain that’s preventing me from making the switchover lol
I'll go looking into it, if/when I have to. My coworker was pointing this out when I was making the switch, was going to show me how to do this... I stopped him and showed him that I had about 10 contacts to move. It was going to take longer to figure out the tool than it was to just do it by hand.

Back