iPhone XR to android phone

If the world was made up of just that one country, then fine. But you're so busy trying to make some odd point, you completely missed the big picture.
Iphone is only 28% of cellphone sales.
If so superior, shouldn't they be 98% or more.

I drive a ford, its been good to me, but I'm not so blind as to tell anyone its the only good brand, and anyone who isn't a fool drives a ford. That to me is a ridiculous attitude.
Same as claiming that iphone is better than an android, or since you want to bring up samsung, then just samsung.
My girlfriend, age 23, had never used an android phone, until I bought her one this summer. Now she said that she would never go back to iphone.

Enjoy your android

Last edited:
Of course I have a bias I purchased the phone for the features it had. Not what the government in the European Union wants.

Americans overwhelmingly choose iPhones over any other brand, but that doesn’t matter to you.

Have a good life Pal You need to educate yourself on the issue with some facts other than words and stop discrediting things you do not have
Did the EU law require apple to convert existing sold devices with lightening ports to usb? I know there is some legislation I believe being drafted in certain parts of the world which would require all iphone models sold new to come equipped with them even if they did not previously. But these requirements dont apply to sold phones.

I have an Android and an iPhone, they're both perfectly reliable outside of each having a quirk or two. It comes down to user preference.

I see a Corolla in your future, it'll match your reliable appliance iPhone nicely. :ROFLMAO:
Exactly, different folks different strokes. I like android for tinkering… I found my old HEAVILY modified kindle fire! I think it’s on Android 4 but it’s no longer running fire os 😬

And c’mon man, the only vehicle on this planet worse than that thing is a 4 cylinder Dodge Journey and I wouldn’t wish that on my enemy!

Exactly, different folks different strokes. I like android for tinkering… I found my old HEAVILY modified kindle fire! I think it’s on Android 4 but it’s no longer running fire os 😬

And c’mon man, the only vehicle on this planet worse than that thing is a 4 cylinder Dodge Journey and I wouldn’t wish that on my enemy!
Thats the spirit. Experiencing the benefit and drawbacks of each ecosystem instead walling yourself into one system is the best. I still have my old web os tablet and original ipad with its unlimited tinkering potential somewhere

Thats the spirit. Experiencing the benefit and drawbacks of each ecosystem instead walling yourself into one system is the best. I still have my old web os tablet and original ipad with its unlimited tinkering potential somewhere
I used to jailbreak iPods and iPhones and root androids for people in high school, $20 a pop!

The market leader always gets attacked. I hear you, I too have nothing against the other I just hate the untruths and misinformation to discredit Apple.
Get over the claim of untruths/misinformation already, bwahaha. Had enough of that with the lame weak pandemic awhile back. People have in their mind there's one standard we should all believe in/agree on and pretty much everything in this life is subjective and always will be. Some get a bit caught up in thinking certain companies dominate the world and we should all respect them. Personally have NEVER been impressed with anything Apple has done, simply call it like I see it. From ignorant/arrogant Steve Jobs to the closed minded ecosystem I would do without a cell phone, etc. if that was the only option I was stuck with.

Well I thank everyone for their input and advice. It’s not anything someone should get caught up on or emotional over it’s just a machine of hardware and software at the end of the day. Some of us started on android and migrated to apple and vice versa some just get accustomed to a devices operation and os and familiarity keeps up roped in. All of us on here got into the cellphone age many years ago and adapted and over came the changes of device technology and ever advancing computing capabilities these handheld pocket machines can perform. We live in a wonderful world of choice fortunately… unfortunately that makes it difficult to have any standardization in options and choices in life and complicates the subject quite often. iOS or android… lightning cable and usb c at the end of the day it served its purpose of connecting us all together. Some of us just get there in different ways. We can’t all drive Toyota Corolla’s 😉 life would be boring.

Get over the claim of untruths/misinformation already, bwahaha. Had enough of that with the lame weak pandemic awhile back. People have in their mind there's one standard we should all believe in/agree on and pretty much everything in this life is subjective and always will be. Some get a bit caught up in thinking certain companies dominate the world and we should all respect them. Personally have NEVER been impressed with anything Apple has done, simply call it like I see it. From ignorant/arrogant Steve Jobs to the closed minded ecosystem I would do without a cell phone, etc. if that was the only option I was stuck with.
Your comment is part of the level of conversation in forums at times. It is you and a select few that are complaining and knocking another OS (like you do in many subjects). IF you ever took the time to read this thread, which you wont of course. I guess no one likes an inconvenient truth. So I will post the FIRST comment knocking another OS and your bwahaha can climb back into your own little world.
All your little meaningless posts are about nothingness, mis-informed are of no use to the OP.

As inconvenient as it is, Inform yourself and stop your bellyaching. ;)

and after his incorrect remark I went on to show him how Samsung Android phones are the same price. It's all good. I dont care what phone people use, nor care what you think either and why I will say adios fella!

Last edited:
Your comment is part of the level of conversation in forums at times. It is you and a select few that are complaining and knocking another OS (like you do in many subjects). IF you ever took the time to read this thread, which you wont of course. I guess no one likes an inconvenient truth. So I will post the FIRST comment knocking another OS and your bwahaha can climb back into your own little world.
All your little meaningless posts are about nothingness, mis-informed are of no use to the OP.

As inconvenient as it is, Inform yourself and stop your bellyaching. ;)

and after his incorrect remark I went on to show him how Samsung Android phones are the same price. It's all good. I dont care what phone people use, nor care what you think either and why I will say adios fella!
Apple is good for the simple minded that can't quite figure out the Android platform, so at the end of the day you do you!

Well I thank everyone for their input and advice. It’s not anything someone should get caught up on or emotional over it’s just a machine of hardware and software at the end of the day. Some of us started on android and migrated to apple and vice versa some just get accustomed to a devices operation and os and familiarity keeps up roped in. All of us on here got into the cellphone age many years ago and adapted and over came the changes of device technology and ever advancing computing capabilities these handheld pocket machines can perform. We live in a wonderful world of choice fortunately…
Exactly, freedom of choice and it’s easy to respect honest reasons why one chooses one over the other. The only problem is some can’t respect those reasons. I could care less what someone uses, just don’t tell me I’m wrong for what I use and use incorrect information to present an argument.
But that’s the human race for you! 🙃

Had cell phones for 20 years only about five maybe six years ago I moved to Apple. My move was for a better controlled ecosystem and security. Even when I had Android I tried to keep google out of my life as much as possible, I see it as a spiderweb of information harvesting with anything google. Why do people think it’s all free? You pay with your information being harvested.
Is any system perfect? No except maybe going rogue with Linux.

I also ditched Windows on laptops and desktops. Now have all devices running on one system. Apple on 2 desktops, 2 cell phones, 2 Apple Watches and 1 Apple laptop, wife has one windows laptop and a company supplied Dell workstation. It’s wild having all my devices taking to each other. It makes transferring information between them simple and has many uses in programs such as health monitoring, photos ect.

Wife’s co-worker an older lady got pretty banged up in a car accident in the last week, someone ran a stop sign, ambulance to the hospital and released but banged up good.
She is a senior and because she had her emergency contacts filled out on her iPhone and as soon as the phone detected the car accident impact it automatically notified all her emergency contacts with her EXACT location. She wasn’t even aware all this was happening. Cool stuff and why I like the company. They make boatloads of money with a company methodology of helping the human condition and it works.
Countless people have been saved in emergencies already with the iPhone 14 that works in emergencies even when there is no cell service as it sends a signal and position using a satellite network.

My use of Apple Watch ECG function allowed me to take and print out 30 second ECGs when I felt my heart going nuts in the middle of the night for months and show them to a cardiologist, since it was only severe at night the severity was not showing up with office visits. These Apple Watch ECGs rapidly sped up intervention from my doctors and were able to take action before any heart damage. My heart is in great shape so far (had every advanced procedure available to make sure including angiography and latest echo just months ago) and the watch helps me in a family of heart failure disasters on an unbelievable scale helping to stay motivated which I am so I don’t have to go through what they did and do. Since I’m the youngest I learned not to do what they do.

For those that are unaware you maybe able to get a few dollars from google.

Last edited:
Exactly, freedom of choice and it’s easy to respect honest reasons why one chooses one over the other. The only problem is some can’t respect those reasons. I could care less what someone uses, just don’t tell me I’m wrong for what I use and use incorrect information to present an argument.

Had cell phones for 20 years only about five maybe six years ago I moved to Apple. My move was for a better controlled ecosystem and security. Even when I had Android I tried to keep google out of my life as much as possible, I see it as a spiderweb of information harvesting with anything google. Why do people think it’s all free? You pay with your information being harvested.

I also ditched Windows on laptops and desktops. Now have all devices running on one system. Apple on 2 desktops, 2 cell phones, 2 Apple Watches and 1 Apple laptop, wife has one windows laptop and a company supplied Dell workstation. It’s wild having all my devices taking to each other. It makes transferring information between them simple and has many uses in programs such as health monitoring, photos ect.

Wife’s co-worker an older lady got pretty banged up in a car accident in the last week, someone ran a stop sign, ambulance to the hospital and released but banged up good.
She is a senior and because she had her emergency contacts filled out on her iPhone and as soon as the phone detected the car accident impact it automatically notified all her emergency contacts with her EXACT location. She wasn’t even aware all this was happening. Cool stuff and why I like the company. They make boatloads of money with a company methodology of helping the human condition and it works.
Countless people have been saved in emergencies already with the iPhone 14 that works in emergencies even when there is no cell service as it sends a signal and position using a satellite network.

My use of Apple Watch ECG function allowed me to take and print out 30 second ECGs when I felt my heart going nuts in the middle of the night for months and show them to a cardiologist, since it was only severe at night the severity was not showing up with office visits. These Apple Watch ECGs rapidly sped up intervention from my doctors and were able to take action before any heart damage. My heart is in great shape so far (had every advanced procedure available to make sure including angiography and latest echo just months ago) and the watch helps me in a family of heart failure disasters on an unbelievable scale helping to stay motivated which I am so I don’t have to go through what they did and do. Since I’m the youngest I learned not to do what they do.

Washed my wired headphones the other night forgot they were in my pants 🙄. Wife surprised me with air pod pros wow 🤩 what have I been missing such an immersive listening experience looks like this boy is sticking with the apple bunch 😲

Should point out that I've had good luck with used iPhones off eBay. I do think I had to replace the batteries in all of them, but they were still cheaper than new. So there is that route, not sure if they have the low end SE still, but even that low end one does everything I need.
My experience as well.

We purchased on Black Friday. I got a Very Good condition iPhone 13 Pro Max (128GB) for my MiL for $530 shipped to my home with a 1 year warranty.

Moved her off her iPhone Xr about 10 days ago when she was up visiting.

Nice to get her in the 5g world and a better screen.

oilBabe has been rocking her 15 PM and I liked hers so much that I picked up a 15 Pro.

I've been buying and selling on FB marketplace as well. Of course, selling my daughter's and MiL's old Xr devices put me in the "flaky" area of the market. Especially my daughter's phone the back was cracked. Heck, the way people check them out, I probably shouldn't have even said anything. They look at the screen and hand over the money (cash or Cash App)

While I hoped to upgrade oilBabe's 12 Pro with a used phone, she really wanted the 15 Pro Max, so we bought one. I do get the appeal as I had to go out 3 weeks later and get my own 15 Pro to upgrade the 13 Pro I briefly had. Didn't get hurt on it. I used it for 6-8 weeks and sold it for $50 more than I paid for it, so the marketplace is wild.

Buy what you like and like what you buy. Don't be afraid of GOOD E-bay sellers. Even FB marketplace is decent as long as you know how to distinguish between the fakes and real devices. There are a number of fake iPhones out there.

Washed my wired headphones the other night forgot they were in my pants 🙄. Wife surprised me with air pod pros wow 🤩 what have I been missing such an immersive listening experience looks like this boy is sticking with the apple bunch 😲
The noise reduction when turned on is amazing. My wife has them. I have the Bose QC2 ... both noise reduction works amazing, though the AirPods Pro have a chip giving extra features with Apple devices and immersive can be part of it.

Did the EU law require apple to convert existing sold devices with lightening ports to usb? I know there is some legislation I believe being drafted in certain parts of the world which would require all iphone models sold new to come equipped with them even if they did not previously. But these requirements dont apply to sold phones.
Not “being drafted” - the USBC requirement became law in the EU last year after years of lobbying and work. The implementation date is recent. The law, not so much.

One charger for all devices makes sense to a lot of consumers. Personally, I have a drawer full of outdated, proprietary, cell phone chargers.

Not “being drafted” - the USBC requirement became law in the EU last year after years of lobbying and work. The implementation date is recent. The law, not so much.

One charger for all devices makes sense to a lot of consumers. Personally, I have a drawer full of outdated, proprietary, cell phone chargers.

I agree but if you read the post I was referring to, it seemed as though the EU law had a clause that took away lightening ports from devices sold before the law came into effect. The law as you said does not remove features already paid for, but standardizes the port for new devices sold in an effort to harmonize the previous segmented smartphone ports and reduce ewaste.

In addition, another country drafting a similar law might take it a step further and require all new devices, even if they originally were designed with lightening to now come with usb c.

Last edited:
The noise reduction when turned on is amazing. My wife has them. I have the Bose QC2 ... both noise reduction works amazing, though the AirPods Pro have a chip giving extra features with Apple devices and immersive can be part of it.
Totally a unique listening experience that’s very spatial

Ultimately we all have different uses/expectations with phones, watches, etc. Apple might suit your everyday use and have at it. It'd be nice/ideal if so much watch focus wasn't on health as that won't appeal to everyone. Most watches get cluttered with the fitness garbage when so much more can be utilized instead. Personally really wanted one of the top tier Garmin watches, mainly due to the solar charging, but at the time none of them had a built in mic, which is on the more important side of things for what I need a smart watch for.

Back