Iphone 4 Is not Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
I went to my local mall today to check out the Iphone 4. I was barely able to have a look at it because everyone camped out and waited 4-6 hours at the door for a Iphone. I'm not sure what all the fuss is about this phone, nor do I understand the whole point of waiting 4-6 hours for a phone.

I have already started to read up on forums about this new device. I have found many people complain about the antennae being [censored] because it's the entire frame of the phone. People have said that it loses reception when your hands are gripping the side of the phone. Sorry Apple, but I'm going with a Droid.

http://www.cnet.com.au/faults-found-in-iphone-4-at-us-launch-339304072.htm?feed=rss

Originally Posted By: daman
How much is the thing?

It would have been $199 with new activation. I'm currently with Tmobile and getting a Droid.

Originally Posted By: Marukai
Originally Posted By: daman
How much is the thing?

It would have been $199 with new activation. I'm currently with Tmobile and getting a Droid.

Thats not to bad then..

Originally Posted By: SLCraig
Nothing from Apple is impressive.. It's Impressively expensive though, so I do semi retract my statement.

The crazy campers can have it!

Camping for a phone is ridiculous, but let's put some numbers to these posts... How much does the latest droid cost without activiation? How much does an iphone 4 cost without activation? I have to doubt the MSRPs are very different...

I'd say if the Droid based phone isn't coming out, the iPhone 4 would have been very impressive. However with the raised bar, Apple has to do a lot more to be able to catch the attention like it used to get.

Nonetheless it is a lot of effort to miniaturize all the component into such a small size. If you have seen how the PCB look internally, it is like a stick of gum, very hard to do.

I never thought much of Apple products. Then I got a 3GS. I will be getting the 4G when it comes out in Canada. Really love mine.

Droid Products do run higher MSRP wise. The HTC EVO runs $549. The Iphone is $399. Apple has never wowed me either. Their Macbook Pro's overheat and it took them forever to get the latest Intel "i" processors. Not to start an Apple bash. I'm just not seeing what's so good about the Apple.

I've got the new ATC Droid Incredible. Great phone featurewise but reception is poor. Seems like today's phones do everything BUT make a call. LOL!

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
Does the miniturization of components affect durability?

In theory it shouldn't, but in practice it really depends on other variables. It could be better it could be worse, like upgrading your computer hard drive to a newer model.

Apple's response? "You're holding it wrong, duh! Oh and while you're at it buy a 30 dollar bumper." Never knew there was a magical, special way to hold your phone but apparently there is.

Guess it doesn't "just work".

Originally Posted By: 97f150
Originally Posted By: greenaccord02
My blackberry laughs at this Iphone mess.

as does mine

I don't have Blackberry, but I'm sure my son's Blackberry is laughing.

Steve Jobs is a snob. I hope these flaws do him in good. Droid and Windows Mobil can lead the way. Droid= many many different phones at different prices ranges. Iphone= Very Limited to provider and device. I feel the Iphone is for people that just want it because it's from Apple, they don't factor in the other devices that make the Iphone look far more inferior. We'll see how Verizon's Droid X does. There's already the HTC EVO, HTC Incredible, HTC HD2, all of which are producing phenomenal sales. Samsung Galaxy will be released next month. Why dont people read specs and features before buying things? Come on people Wake Up

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Marukai
Why dont people read specs and features before buying things?

Apple_kool-aid_sm.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back