Iphone 4 Is not Impressive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn

We noticed the same thing. Grab "Free Memory Lite" for $0.99 at the app store, run it in the background a couple times per day. It will clean up background processes automatically and keep your battery life as high as OS 3 or higher...

Done. Just went from 100 MB.

Thanks for the tip!

Originally Posted By: JHZR2

We noticed the same thing. Grab "Free Memory Lite" for $0.99 at the app store, run it in the background a couple times per day. It will clean up background processes automatically and keep your battery life as high as OS 3 or higher...

Thanks for the tip!

And battery is lasting FAR longer!!! Thanks again!

So does anybody think there will be a fix for the antenna issue? Kind of apparent now that it's not a software problem.

I still want an iPhone but not sure that I want to wrap it in rubber or tape to be able to make a call.

Thanks for the tip!

Your welcome! Pass the word on to others. This app kicks posterior! Those who are reporting better battery with the 3GS are saying on order of 25% better.

Personally, I used to use about 15-18% of the battery life on my way to work (about a 45 minute trip) with radio, checking email, etc. Now, only about 10-12% used with iOS 4 and that Free Memory Lite app.
cheers3.gif

Thanks for the tip!

Your welcome! Pass the word on to others. This app kicks posterior! Those who are reporting better battery with the 3GS are saying on order of 25% better.

Personally, I used to use about 15-18% of the battery life on my way to work (about a 45 minute trip) with radio, checking email, etc. Now, only about 10-12% used with iOS 4 and that Free Memory Lite app.
cheers3.gif

Does this only work for the Iphone? what about the ipod touch?

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
So does anybody think there will be a fix for the antenna issue? Kind of apparent now that it's not a software problem.

I still want an iPhone but not sure that I want to wrap it in rubber or tape to be able to make a call.

Actually, the baseband software can be tuned to alleviate some of the issue from what I read of a piece by an engineer. There are three antennae on the outside: wifi, 3G, and Bluetooth. That's why you see divisions of the stainless steel outside. Supposedly, the touching of more than one, for lack of better term, shorts them to an extent.
Like I said, it's obviously not affecting every user. And if it doesn't work, you can get your money refunded or a replacement.
It's a phone people, not a wife.

Originally Posted By: PurplePride
Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac

Actually, the baseband software can be tuned to alleviate some of the issue from what I read of a piece by an engineer. There are three antennae on the outside: wifi, 3G, and Bluetooth. That's why you see divisions of the stainless steel outside. Supposedly, the touching of more than one, for lack of better term, shorts them to an extent.
Like I said, it's obviously not affecting every user. And if it doesn't work, you can get your money refunded or a replacement.
It's a phone people, not a wife.

So it's a hardware issue.

It's fun seeing how you get all worked up. Like you say, it's a phone not a wife.
wink.gif

If it is an issue of shorting multiple antennae, it sure seems liek a simple fix - put some sort of ultrathin dielectric coating (a varnish/shellac/plasic/rubber of some sort. All it would take is a few key-placed spots and 95%+ of the issue would likely be solved.

From what I heard from people working in this field. The way Apple test the phone was with the "Gray Powell" plastic disguise shell on and it wouldn't short the antenna together. It is tested very well until they start taking off the shell and sell it in public that this shorting becomes obvious.

IMO the simplest solution is to put a dielectric coating on the stainless steel antenna to make it works better. No phones are perfect, and Apple aren't in the phone industry since the 80s, so they aren't as experienced as the veterans like Motorola or Nokia in making reliable signal phones. They are however very good at making UI works well and feels well. Don't like it? Maybe it is not for you and you should buy something else instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back