Im officially a Pennzoil / SOPUS fan

Status
Not open for further replies.
So a while back I posted on here that I drove 1 hour + to get some PU 5w20 since no where around me carries it. Well...the Pennzoil Brand Manager sent me a PM asking for some info, and they sent me a whole case of PU 5w20 SN!!! They thanked me for taking time out of my day to drive into a different state to get my favorite oil. I was already a SOPUS fan, but this takes the cake...THANK YOU PENNZOIL FOR LOOKING OUT FOR YOUR LOYAL CUSTOMERS and taking the time to reward us. I will continue to use Pennzoil exclusively in my Accord.

I have a feeling a lot of other BITOGers will be posting that they drive hours and hours for PU!

25.gif

John

Originally Posted By: John_K
I have a feeling a lot of other BITOGers will be posting that they drive hours and hours for PU!

25.gif

John

Yeah, well I didnt do it for recognition...Just because PU is a great product and I want the best for my baby

VERY nice! While my efforts aren't as extreme as yours (I paid obscene shipping from Amazon for PU Euro 5w-40 to get it into Canada) I too made it a point to go out of my way to get this excellent product
thumbsup2.gif

The ultra-low NOACK (and the list of certs/approvals that essentially mirror M1 0w-40) is what sold me
smile.gif

I'm a fan too... a member posted a sale at NAPA and I RAN to order a case of 5W20 Pennzoil Ultra.

I have PYB, ULTRA, Platinum and QSUD being my whole stash is SOPUS only.

It is just really good oil, and they have the best values at every tier.

All the oils I have I picked up at amazing prices for Montreal.

PYB $10.88 per jug, QSUD and PP ~$24 per jug, and ULTRA for $28 per jug... I have enough oil for quite a while...

...Or until I spot the next great sale at least
smile.gif

I definitely wouldn't do that, but when I am in the states I will buy oil there if I need any.

I can't find M1 AFE here which I have bought there and used with success.

I was thinking of M1 0W20 AFE to try at one point.

Did you notice any fuel savings?

I love seeing a L/100km improvement when I try something new, it is very encouraging.

Way to go Sopus, I have PU 0w-40 waiting to go into FIAT next, and multiple gallons of older PP 10w-30 that I'll use up in truck and bimmer, and one jug of qauker state green botle.

I hope they start shipping some cases to Walmart too!
laugh.gif

I have checked out 4 different Walmarts, 2 O'Riellys and 2 Autozones in a 100 mile radius (actually going to the stores as the online inventory reporting sucks)...no luck!

I have been on PU 5w-20 for the last 3-4 years. I need it in the next month or two and it's looking like I will be forced to switch!

M1-AFE is on sale at local WM, so I have 0w-20 on order waiting to be picked up, but I will wait till the last day of the pickup to see if I will get lucky and find some PU.

I've been impressed with QSUD eg compared to Synpower.

And am loving PU 5w40 Euro in my Merc.

If it was easily available and competitive in price to M1 0w40, I would stick with it going forward. The only physical retailer I have seen it in is PepBoys at $10 a quart (along with other flavors of PU at the same price)

Is the 5W-20 the only PU that has a low NOACK? Does PP have a low NOACK as well? I'm trying to decide on an oil for 5.0 Genesis, which has DI, and I don't know which oils have low NOACKs.

I am a fan of PU too.However,I would love SOPUS more if they had an online store for oil with free shipping.

wow... I have it readily available so hard to imagine some areas its scarce. Especially for a name brand product.

Originally Posted By: Errtt
wow... I have it readily available so hard to imagine some areas its scarce. Especially for a name brand product.

They just dont anticipate good sales in some areas. Closest Ive found it is at a WM 25 miles south of me. Heres the kicker: its a smaller store than the local one.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: TXCarGeek
Is the 5W-20 the only PU that has a low NOACK? Does PP have a low NOACK as well? I'm trying to decide on an oil for 5.0 Genesis, which has DI, and I don't know which oils have low NOACKs.

All of the grades of SN PU have super NOACK numbers. Neither the SM PU nor PP have the GTL base stocks which yield such impressive numbers. Something else I like about SOPUS is the very comprehensive data sheets they publish. You get CCS, MRV, and NOACK. Mobil never gives you CCS and MRV together and doesn't even publish NOACK for their M1 products. I'd be a much bigger SOPUS fan if the local WalMart actually carried it. Amazon doesn't even have any non-euro 5W-30 PU in stock and has been out for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back