I need a new coffee grinder

didnt read thread, just Q.
'Bur' grinder isa beddah mo`chene.
Never use amizone for purchases (bezos sucks)

I respect this company's reviews ( I follow, even w/the above caveat ! ) Rather not
make a single referral - it would seem like an endorsement. Something I'd rather not d0ooo~

Enjoy ur cuppa. I do 2, 3 x/d @ 12oz. Its smart heart health (C research just out Harvard/Brigham's).

Oxo Coffee Grinder Has Arrived
The machine arrived early this afternoon, a day late according to the FedEx tracking info. That said, the timing was not critical, and I was happy (and a bit excited) to finally have the grinder en casa.

After unpacking the machine I was pleased to see that, even though it's a larger machine than the Cuisinart it's replacing, the footprint is about the same, just a skosh larger. It fits comfortably next to the Nespresso machine, essentially not taking up any usable space in my space-deficient kitchen.

Coffee Machines.jpg

I emptied the hopper of the Cuisinart into the Oxo's hopper and found that the Oxo will hold about 50% more beans or the entire contents of a typical supermarket bag of beans. Around these parts, the markets are stocked with numerous brands of well-reputed coffee in 12-oz bags. This makes storage of the remaining coffee a non-issue.

I made a cup of coffee and was pleased with the sound the machine made. It seems quieter than the Cuisinart and the sound is of a lower pitch which is much more pleasant to me.

The quality of the grind appeared to be excellent, but I only had the Cuisinart to compare it to. The Oxo grind was definitely more uniform, but the fineness was set a little finer than how the Cuisinart was set. However, I did use two grind settings and both were quite uniform.

I like that the timer can be set to deliver the amount of coffee desired, and once established and set doesn't need to be reset or adjusted again, and this leads to a more consistent cup. The timer is marked with numbers so if you do change the setting it's a simple matter to return to the previous setting.

1666407184375.jpeg

After having set the machine, just push the OXO button in the center of the timer, and the machine starts.

The hopper is made of Stainless Steel, so there's no static electricity to cause the grinds to stick to the hopper walls. The hopper fits into the machine snugly, but you must take care that it's put in straight and that you hear a small click that tells you the hopper is properly set.

Well, there you have it. I'm happy and maybe my comments will help someone else looking for a grinder. I bought it thru OXO as they were having a percent off deal, and I saved about $20.00 over the Amazon and other prices.

I use mine heavily

Flawless

Loud? Yeah
It's loud and kind of slow. But it produces very consistent grinds every time, needs minimal cleaning or maintenance (I stick the vacuum hose end in it) and grinds on every day without any problems.

I use mine heavily (Baratza Encore)

Flawless

Loud? Yeah
A friend has one that she's been using for years. It's a good machine, no doubt. She has hers placed on a pot holder or folded towel, and that has lessened the noise.

Just curious, how do you get the machine to grind a consistent amount time after time? Or to grind an amount appropriate for different-sized cups?

A friend has one that she's been using for years. It's a good machine, no doubt. She has hers placed on a pot holder or folded towel, and that has lessened the noise.

Just curious, how do you get the machine to grind a consistent amount time after time? Or to grind an amount appropriate for different-sized cups?
I just grind an approximate amount enough for a couple days and store in a sealed jar even 3 days is fine beyond that it tastes ok but not perfect

I guess the answer is you don’t

I grind 7 scoops of beans. I bought scoops that hold 10-12 grams of beans. That 70-84 grams when ground to a medium-course setting is what Moccamaster recommends for SCA Golden Cup ratio using 1.25 liters of water which is what the thermal carafe holds. Sounds more complicated than it is.

went thru TWO cuisinarts mentioned, taking one apart i discovered it was "clogged" but still on the garage work bench! a burr grinder is said to be better than a chopper-grinder most are. i got the mentioned baratza encore from Peach coffee roasters a bit less than amazon, it works great with a powerful motor + only an OFF ON switch + its the lowest priced model others have more unnecessary trinkets like todays vehicles. time will tell as its about 2 yrs old 3 grindings daily.

Cropduster i see you have the VERY spendy Moccamaster, is it really that good in your opinion + of course how long have you had it as many cheap coffee makers last only a few years + is the coffee nice + hot after brewing.

Cropduster i see you have the VERY spendy Moccamaster, is it really that good in your opinion + of course how long have you had it as many cheap coffee makers last only a few years + is the coffee nice + hot after brewing.
I fell into an unusual deal on FB Marketplace where a woman was selling two of the identical models...brand new in original boxes and also with a box of filters and a pound of coffee beans in each box. $222/each shipped. I bought one for our beach house and our primary home. I tossed the beans after trying 2 pots ...stale
Worth every penny and more. They brew 1.25 liters of 200 degree coffee in 6 minutes every time. I've had them both for almost a year. Have tried many coffee makers over the years. None produce coffee as good as the Moccamasters. No timers, cleaning cycles or other options...an on/off switch...that's it. I brew pretty much the same beans every day...Costco Colombian Supremo or Peets Major Dickasons blend. I use a Baratza Encore grinder. I grind enough for one pot at a time. It's a very positive way to start the day.

Back