Adding Baking Soda to Coffee

Acedic acid is what your stomach needs, here is a thorough explanation in video form:

Okay that is a bunch of nonsense. Sorry but that’s how it is. The guy is pseudo science like most videos from the Internet.

And the whole thing with this helping with coffee is nonsense. The problem is the compounds in coffee that stimulate acid production. It’s not that you need more.

surprised i never seen anything about it on the many health sites i frequent, but for me its one cup of rather strong black coffee 3X as my "breakfast" is black coffee with real MCT oil in it + some real peanut butter-just ground peanuts. whenever i have a typical weaker coffee while eating out i crave a tasty stout cup unless its too late + then its a tasty 2/3 decaf brew

sounds like a goodun ta me !
Chicory, as known to us northuners, is that blue late summer flower knee or waist hi with dozens of pin-like pettals per bloom, may B 3 doz blooms on a bush-like plant. Often seen beside the interstate or in recient waste land areas:

I don't know how/why people consume that bitter nasty stuff in the first place. That you have to put something into it to make it drinkable tells you something right there.
I use stevia is soften the blow, and because I know sugar isn’t good for my aging body. If baking soda is a good thing’ I’ll give it a try. Never thought I would learn something about dietary stuff on a forum like this. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited:
Haven't read this thread nor watched the video...but...isn't adding ground egg shells (calcium carbonate) to coffee grounds before brewing much the same thing?

Haven't read this thread nor watched the video...but...isn't adding ground egg shells (calcium carbonate) to coffee grounds before brewing much the same thing?

I guess it beats greasy-grimy-gopher-guts, and little birdies dirty feet. 🤓

Cooking isn't the same as adding stuff to make it palatable. Consuming uncooked pork or chicken is just dangerous. And I ain't going to eat insects either.
Example: Sugar and dairy and other ingredients are added to chocolate to disguise the bitter taste. Have you ever had a 100% chocolate bar?

I don't know how/why people consume that bitter nasty stuff in the first place. That you have to put something into it to make it drinkable tells you something right there.
Some of us drink it right out of the pot, adding nothing. It is completely drinkable when black.

I always assumed if you couldn't drink it black.. why bother. I drink a 12 cup pot every day, bold roast.

I also prefer a over-easy fried egg on my cheeseburger as well.

Back