New Coffee Grinder needed

My preference is for mechanical controls without any electronics. Grandma's Maytag she had when I was a kid is still running strong.

My Gino Rossi RR45 grinder is 30 years old and also going strong. For rare non-espresso drinks, I usually just use a Hario manual grinder.

I have used a Capresso 560.5 in the stainless steel case. Replaced the top burr once in 12 years of operation. $139 on Amazon now. The replacement burr was $28 in the door. Can be cleaned in 30-45 seconds. Still produces a uniform quality grinds.
I've had a Capresso Infinity for 15 years or so, going strong after all those years of regular (lately daily) use. Mine's black and the marking have actually worn off :)

Where did you source the replacement burr? Capresso doesn't seem to list it and all I can find are items on ebay of unclear origin.

jeff

The best grinding I ever got was from some retailer that used to sell via Yahoo Shopping. I'd bought some really great stuff there pretty cheap, including ACF espresso cups, although I ordered again and got something made in China that was nowhere near the same quality. But I was intrigued because they had a hand crank grinder with a drawer. It was small and maybe about 4 inches wide (couldn't tell with the photo) and I maybe got out about 4 tablespoons of a fine grind in about 2 minutes. It wasn't expensive, but it was more or less a toy. The speed of the grinding was about that of pepper grinder.

However, I brought it to work once to make espresso for our office's manual espresso machine. I got comments about it from European coworkers who thought it was cute, and said that kind of machine is extremely uniform in its grind albeit slow.

Back