I can no longer eat fast food

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
Wow, never been intoxicated, no questionable food in over 20 years, no soda pop...you must be the most interesting man in the world!!! stay thirsty my friend!

crackmeup2.gif
He normally doesn't drink beer, but when he does, he chooses holy water.

Originally Posted By: Drew99GT
Originally Posted By: TurboLuver
Wow, never been intoxicated, no questionable food in over 20 years, no soda pop...you must be the most interesting man in the world!!! stay thirsty my friend!

crackmeup2.gif
He normally doesn't drink beer, but when he does, he chooses holy water.

LOL. He therefore chooses Old Style because it's "pure brewed in God's country".

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn

LOL. He therefore chooses Old Style because it's "pure brewed in God's country".

Old Style is phenomenal! For boiling bratwurst. I don't mind it, but it's contract brewed by MillerCoors, and I'm not buying Miller products because of substantial donations they made to a certain Wisconsin governor that I loathe.

ANYWAY. Had an A1 Steakhouse burger at BK tonight. Surprisingly delicious. Not a tiny sandwich either. I didn't get fries or soda with it. The 1200 calories (best guess) it has are more than enough for one meal.

all bow before Pop_Rivit! bask in his awesomeness! we are not worthy to even BE in the same forum as he, let alone respond to his winsome words!

(I think I'll have a super size Big Mac meal today; ow yeah! DARN! they don't make a super size anymore!)

Originally Posted By: AcuraTech

ANYWAY. Had an A1 Steakhouse burger at BK tonight. Surprisingly delicious. Not a tiny sandwich either. I didn't get fries or soda with it. The 1200 calories (best guess) it has are more than enough for one meal.

I tried one of those, I thought it was a bit too messy, and I don't like sweet sauces on my burgers.
I DO like the angus deluxe from McD's though, mmm, good!

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

While your reasoning is slightly...bizarre, your conclusion is correct. It's not the fast food that's to blame, it's actually peoples lack of education regarding nutrition that can be blamed.

John Hopkins recently did a study that indicated that by 2015 nearly 75% of the population will be overweight, along with the health issues that come with being obese that will help skyrocket the cost of fat peoples health care.

The problem boils down to who gets to pay for the health care of people who aren't responsible enough to eat healthy. Heart disease, diabetes, stroke and joint problems are just a few issues that are on the rise because people eat an unhealthy diet.

I just had my annual physical this morning. At 67 I'm extremely healthy, my blood pressure is normal, and all of my numbers will come back excellent as they always do. I don't do anything special-no magic pills, no whacked out specialty diet, just a little common sense. I eat healthy and avoid fast and processed food, and I also don't drink any soda pop at all.

My health care costs are very low, but I have to foot the bill through insurance for obese people who are not responsible enough to maintain a healthy weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, since I have to pay for their irresponsible behaviour I have every right to complain about their irresponsible behaviour.

Full of FAIL.

PEOPLE have the right to live as they see fit. I, nor should anyone care about your "complaints". Get off fat peoples back. You choose to eat healthy and live a healthy life style. If everyone started doing that, should we flip out cause you people are living longer and eating up medicare and social security?!?!?!?!?!?!?

If you do not like how the health care system is and insurance, Like MOST PEOPLE, BLAME the people who set it up THAT WAY. Heres an idea, go out and vote.

Now, lets not get political here.

But put down the health food and open a book.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit

While your reasoning is slightly...bizarre, your conclusion is correct. It's not the fast food that's to blame, it's actually peoples lack of education regarding nutrition that can be blamed.

John Hopkins recently did a study that indicated that by 2015 nearly 75% of the population will be overweight, along with the health issues that come with being obese that will help skyrocket the cost of fat peoples health care.

The problem boils down to who gets to pay for the health care of people who aren't responsible enough to eat healthy. Heart disease, diabetes, stroke and joint problems are just a few issues that are on the rise because people eat an unhealthy diet.

I just had my annual physical this morning. At 67 I'm extremely healthy, my blood pressure is normal, and all of my numbers will come back excellent as they always do. I don't do anything special-no magic pills, no whacked out specialty diet, just a little common sense. I eat healthy and avoid fast and processed food, and I also don't drink any soda pop at all.

My health care costs are very low, but I have to foot the bill through insurance for obese people who are not responsible enough to maintain a healthy weight and maintain a healthy lifestyle. Therefore, since I have to pay for their irresponsible behaviour I have every right to complain about their irresponsible behaviour.

tl;dr

Originally Posted By: greenaccord02

And, for the record, I stand by my statement that double decker tacos go hard after about the third beer of your fourth six pack.

Can I send you an extra Man Card? I think you deserve it!

cheers3.gif

thumbsup2.gif

crackmeup2.gif

How funny.

My ex and I used to cycle/train with a group. One of the guys was a macro-raw-vegan...whatever. He wouldn't eat anything animal, cooked. or processed in any way. Minimal carbs. What carbs he did get had to be whole grain. Virtually no fat. I think the fattiest thing I ever saw him eat was an avocado.

He had a stroke while training one day. He was in his early 40s.

I decided at that point, nothing in your diet is going to save you.

I don't like McWendysKFCKing because I don't like the food. Not because I am worried about whether or not it's going to make me fat or kill me.

I enjoy things like hamburgers and fried chicken.....good ones though and I balance it out with plenty of other "healthier" stuff the majority of the time. And I won't worry about what an occasional Mexican Coca Cola or Dublin Dr Pepper made with pure cane sugar is going to do to me.

'cause if you ain't livin'...you must be dying.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
SO,, DOES Fast Food cause divorce?

It could but usually it's both the parties who plunge into it.

Originally Posted By: CourierDriver
SO,, DOES Fast Food cause divorce?

I guess if my wife ate too much of it, sure, it would cause divorce.

I have not read through all 7 pages of this thread to see if this has already been covered, But I find it highly unfortunate that eating fast food, from the dollar or value menu, is probably the cheapest way to get the most calories in this country.

Eating healthy takes significant effort and time, and ours is a culture of short sighted, instant convenience.

The fact that a Mcdouble has ridiculous amounts of fat and sodium does not stop me from thinking about one when I drive by. Most of the time I refrain from eating such fare, But I can spend a little money and get my unhealthy FF fix, and conveniently consume it as I drive away.

There are families whose cheapest options are to goto the local FF joint for lunch or dinner, and then the kids become accustomed to the fat and salt, then crave it and similar foods for the rest of their lives.

I so wish My parents refrained doing so when I was young.

I used to work for an Italian Chef who was convinced that they added all the seized cocaine to fast food to make it so addicting.

FF joints impact this country and it's citizenry as much as Big Tobacco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back