Hyundai Elantra anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just say it Audi......"I'm better than you" That's all this back and forth arguing over the internet 1st grade non-sense is about. "My Audi's better than your Huyndai" I KNOW. EVERYTHING of yours is better than mine.

JD POWERS, 2002 Hundai ELANTRA
Book Value $4500

Initial Quality Ratings (0-90 days)
Mechanical Quality 3 / 5
Body & Interior Quality 2 / 5
Feature and Accessory Quality 3 / 5
Performance 2 / 5
Creature Comforts 3 / 5
Style 2 / 5
Long Term Dependability Ratings (4-5 years) definition
Mechanical Dependability 3 / 5
Body & Interior Dependability 3 / 5
Feature and Accessory Dependability 3 / 5

for 2001:

Long Term Dependability Ratings (4-5 years) definition
Mechanical Dependability 2 / 5
Body & Interior Dependability 2 / 5
Feature and Accessory Dependability 3 / 5

"Though it likely won't match the refinement or attention to detail found in segment leaders like the Honda Civic and Ford Focus, the savings to be found up front will certainly sway buyers for whom every penny spent up front counts.

In September 2002, Hyundai announced that it had misstated the horsepower ratings for all of the models in its lineup -- the Elantra is now rated at 135 hp, rather than 140"

Sorry, I don't see what the attraction is.
dunno.gif

AJ,
Where did I say a tbird is better than a BMW, i wonder.
Whenever somebody is discussing cars, you suddenly start insulting other cars and say your car is better, where noone is comparing their own cars, but are having a GENERAL discussion.
Just because I said " I'm happy with my Tbird" (didn;'t say it's the greatest car in the world, I juat said "I'm satisfied with it"), here's what you had to say":

if you are happy with the 97 T-Bird, you'll probally find it adequate. My cousin has an '96 T-Bird, it's a real gem..can't even make it into a plowed driveway with snow tires. Also, what's with that transmissin hump and lack of legroom? imo, my ten-years-older 1987, Audi Coupe GT puts it to shame in every respect

needless to say, had NOTHING to do with the original topic.

Quote by Audi Junkie: (quote by Tim h>"Have had my elantra since 2002, Had an '87 excel before that. Never had a problem out of the excel...It is actually a two-toned interior!")

87 Excel, there's a car to die for. It puts my 87 Coupe GT to shame (last year of production).

Who gives a flying Fu*7ck about your GT coupe? This thread in case your Dumbarse hasnt figured it out, is about Elantras/Hyundais. My point was to show my experience with THIS brand of car. From your posting manor, you probably werent even born yet in 1987, Much less even even driven a Damm Hyundai to even begin to intellegently offer an opinion about the car. You constanly bash EVERY other car on this thread becasue it is not an AUDI. Well, BFD, we really don't give a Rats Arse about YOUR audi...Why don't you just get your fartt Tube, put it back on the tailpipe it fell off of, go raise your aftermarket spoiler, turn up your 5000 watt amp and subs and git off the thread until you know W-T-F your even talking about...Geez!!!

"Just say it Audi......"I'm better than you" EVERYTHING of yours is better than mine."

The difference Drew, is that I'm not so insecure that I can't recognize and acknowlege something that's better.

You should read-up some Psychology Experiments from Stanley Milgram. People tend to idealize their own personal decisions, even in the face of contradictory information.

Take another quote out of context. You were full into the same old accusations there that your are here, that I start insulting cars...BTW-you can't insult a car, you criticize a car and insult people. Cars are not people, ok? Why not post the link? Likely, you were the one doing the criticising and irrationally defensive about your car...I just showed you how it feels? You like posting links so much, but decided not to this time...hmmm.

Ha ha Timbo, the truth hurts. True, most of the Hundais I have experience with were not even running, my buddy wanted to put sand in the trans fluid to get it to catch. Are you aware of that mod? care to comment of JD Powers Report or just attack other members?

You constantly get into ******* matches about how Audi is better than vehicle x, and you're calling me insecure??? And apparently you missed the sarcasm in my post. I drive a 94 Toyota Corolla and will own it till it rusts through. Do you think I give 1/2 a **** about what's "better"? Contradictory information? So your saying that you are right and everyone else is wrong. Yup, people do tend to idealize their personal decisions. Your proved your point amazingly well.

quote:

Yea, I saw the Mustangs doing their job this year. I sorta like them but am not sure about the going backwards to go forwards styling. It's about time Ford did something in this bracket. The Saleens were just a mess, couldn't get 1/2 way through a race. Is this Speed GT? Audi has new cars under construction and took a pass on last season. so they didn't beat ALL the german cars. We'll see. It's kinda funny to see those bloated 4-door A6s passing Vettes and other pure sports cars, do we get any credit for that? Factory-support counts for a lot in these brackets, are the Fords private? Can they hang with the 911s? I suppose Audis next cars will be A6s but those DTM A4s can do the job too. Touche'.

This is the 2004 car..there are those darn Castrol stickers again!

-

Just messin with you AJ.
cheers.gif
It was an interesting series and some of the best racing this year IMO. But I'm an old TransAm fan and ex-Datsun 510 owner/racer. I love shoebox race cars. One funny thing was watching the Mustangs at Daytona. They were actually slower up on the banking. They made up their time in the infield. Who'd have thought...

Those cars are like a lot of the others from what I read. They get "support" from the factory but no "direct involvement." Whatever that means exactly.

This is a Hyundai thread. How Audi cars got in this mix, I am not sure. I am sure that in the future this will not happen again. I won't go into a big disertation, but AJ,
spaz.gif
. Recommend you keep out of Hyundai vehicle topics and the Hyundai people keep out of Audi vehicle threads.

So comparing same-year to same-year cars is off limits? That will get us far.
rolleyes.gif
ftr- Drew was the first to mention Audis in this thread.

Quote: Audi Junkie "Ha ha Timbo, the truth hurts. True, most of the Hundais I have experience with were not even running, my buddy wanted to put sand in the trans fluid to get it to catch. Are you aware of that mod? care to comment of JD Powers Report or just attack other members?"

Truth of what? You obviously have never even driven the car, much less able to get one running, the original poster of this thread asked for opinions on an elantra, All you want to do is compare every car known to man with an Audi, which does not even fit into the catagory this main poster is concerned about. If you read back through this thread, you will find my opinion is not one-sided, either. And it seems you cannot figure this out despite the number of posts referring that. If your Audi is so hot, why do I not see so many on the road? In fact, here is March 2005 sales figures for both Audi and hyundai. Look not only at percentages up or down, but look at amount of vehicles produced as well. This should say something about your Oh-so-hot Audi product.

Audi
March 2005

Car: 6,502 vs. 7,469, down 16 percent

Vehicle: 6,502 vs. 7,469, down 16 percent

Year-to-date

Car: 16,835 vs. 17,012, up 0 percent

Vehicle: 16,835 vs. 17,012, up 0 percent

HMMM.....HOT SELLER I SEE.......

Hyundai
March 2005

Car: 29,054 vs. 26,278, up 6 percent

Truck: 11,009 vs. 9,746, up 9 percent

Vehicle: 40,063 vs. 36,024, up 7 percent

Year-to-date

Car: 71,866 vs. 63,245, up 15 percent

Truck: 28,146 vs. 25,048, up 14 percent

Vehicle: 100,012 vs. 88,293, up 15 percent

Maybe the Elantra is no hot rod, maybe it is not a formula one special, but it does it's job extremely well for what it was designed to do, in comparison with other cars of the same stature. It is too bad your ignorance of the subject seems to defy you so much that all you can do is dogg everyone else's car or choice of car and not give ANY relevant informations concerning the original post.

Seems the only truth that hurts is the truths in my last posting about the age and the fartt tubes.....

Obviously, I'm done on this thread. My thinking is ANY car buyer should know what they are getting and some simply don't. Take our friend with the Aspire/Festiva stable, he has seriously missed a thing or two. The Mods have apparently given me enough rope to hang myself and it's not worth a banning to help inform the masses here that some cars...are ummm...nice. Be it a point that comparing cars is normal practice, even though some don't seem to like it.

If anyone has the skills to do it, I would wholly welcome a study of the number of cars sold say 10-20 years ago to the percent of ones still registered.
cheers.gif

[ November 23, 2005, 01:26 AM: Message edited by: Audi Junkie ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back