Hyundai Elantra anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, WHOM am I bashing? There seems to be a problem here seperating the PERSON from the AUTOMOBILE. If you took the time to do a lil research (or just watch Speed Channel), you'd find that in the arena of Motorsport Competion, Audi might actually BE the Ultimate Automobile. Tune in for 24Hours of LeMans for the last 5 years and see Audis finish 1-2-3 every year. It's the largest and most prestegious sports event in the World, do you disagree?

-

At whatever rate more expensive it is to aquire, it will indeed outlast it's tinny soft-metaled "rivals". A new Huundai ever 4 years or an Audi every eight? Not much to decide there. My A4 is pushing eight and I really don't see a reason to exchange it for an ELANTRA.

Seem like there's some cross fire in here!

I am also one of the people out there refusing to buy a Hyundai, regardless of how much money I can potentially save, and how reliable they have became. Why? Well, it just seem to me that Hyundais are the most uninspiring cars out there. For every one of their cars, you can pick out parts of it and match it to another car out there where they ripped it off from. Even their Azura, the replacement for XG350, look so similar to the new RL, while it's to fight off cars like the new RL. Sure, they can offer their cars at real cheap of a price if they don't have to invest in designs....

Another thing is the way they promote their products. Seen their commercials that bashes other cars? Maybe it's because that I'm an athlete, but when one bashes another to make himself look good is not the way to sell me things. It's not only Hyundai that did it, so did numbers of other manufacturers.

So, here's my point. Hyundai does NOT get my vote.

On most boards if someone continually bashes someone or something without substantial backing you'll usually get banned. Since most people on this board bash makes or models they've never owned or never will or based on something they've heard. I take alot of advice on this board very lightly. The bashing also seems to be getting worse. The moderators need to get together and work something out, i'm sure i'm not the only one with this thought.

When in doubt, attack the poster.

"who bashes someone or something without substantial backing" ...exactly, I back all my posts up.

Suddenly, *some* people (agitators) want this thread closed...possibly because they have no comebacks to defend their much-loved Korean import. Show me where I "bashed" any person. I can show plenty of places where certain posters chime-in only to agitate or make offhand comments. Without naming names, we don't have to look very far to know to whom I refer. Can these guys say they are not guilty of stirring the pot? Hardly. Let's defer to owners of sub-par automobiles to critique premium ones. For the sake of the mods sanity, I declare this thread closed.

[ November 22, 2005, 11:13 PM: Message edited by: Audi Junkie ]

quote:

I can show plenty of places where certain posters chime-in only to agitate or make offhand comments.

Now don't be a hypocrite
wink.gif
YOU were the one that wondered into this thread with the pic of the riced out "beaterz" 3 exhaust tipped Hundyaui to make "your" point. I rest my case, AGAIN.

97tbird
Member # 1453

Don't forget...look up past threads.
Audi is the best car in the world.
all else is junk

--------------------------------

"all others cars being insulted"

97 T-Bird, oh really?

From your thread,
My quotes:
"Vibe/Matrix and Honda Element are on my short list"

From this thread:
"Scion tC, and even better are Acura RSX
I'd buy a TSX in a sec, no AWD though."

Here we are snapping at a guy who just bought a Honda???

Your other thread ended in a series of personal attacks that need to be looked at by the moderators.

97 TBird, You can't fool me, my cousin owns a '96 T-Bird that I've had the horror of driving pushing and pulling in 2 inches of snow. Nice car though....just don't compare it to a BMW.
 -

From my past discussions with Mr.T-Bird, I suggested he compare his ride to a 3-series BMW because he says he like his car due to "personal taste". I asked him how he can develop a "personal taste" without direct comparison to other autos. In this case, interior space and handling would be the two stand-out factors. I simply had a pic of the awesome PTG M3 comviently pre-loaded onto my pic poster. A street model would suffice, better yet put an actual one next to the '97 TBird and let's have some real fun.

Drew, the ELANTRA pic is there because it belongs there. So does the race-prep A4s...see what y'all are missing?

Nice Castrol sticker, seems to be a commmonality in ALL these cars after all.

Here is one more:
 -
grin.gif

BTW- did you catch the new commercial with the A6 climbing the ski jump? Old news, but still very hot. Not a race car either!

lol that rocket car would not fare well at LeMans.

FTR, Audi does hold like 20 land speed records, mostly endurance. Mercedees just knocked out a few though. I think some Mercedes are very hot, like the SLK etc, but I think they are junk when it comes down to it.

Question:

"How did a discussion about Hyundai end up as an X is better than anything else thread? Sad... "

Answer:
"Junkie, not everyone can afford, nor does everyone WANT, an Audi We all know your Audi is the greatest mechanical device on Earth. But your bashing of people who post good opinions about economy cars or performance cars that are not Audis, gets old. Says a heck of a lot more about you than the cars in question. Hyundai makes a great car today, one that is probably more reliable than any Audi (I know, you have 309080213010043908432 trouble free miles on yours)."

Funny thing is I didn't even mention Audis up to that point...take a look.

Very confused here.
dunno.gif
I don't know what people's problem is. Am I to blame because I post a pic of an ELANTRA in an ELANTRA thread and say I like Acuras? Kind of messed up that this bashing (of me) goes on without intervention.

Wow a four-way my car is better than yours can get interesting. Someone trying awful hard to prove that Audi's a supposedly excellent car. I don't drive LeMans on a regular basis.. don't see how any of the posts regarding racing is revelant to this post. Race cars and street cars are two different beasts. Personally this is the way I look at it BMW, Audi etc etc may be excellent cars but why do I need a 30K+ car where a 12k car do the same job, both have four wheels and following the speed limits can get me to destination at the same time, and i'm not driving the lemans.. although might be fun. I guess i'm not as materialistic as the rest of americans, my aspire and festiva will serve me faithfully for at least another 5-10yrs. And they're made by kia and excellent cars and most people that have owned them will agree. I would like argue with you on that but I rarely waste my time on others ignorance.

What the **** does the original post have to do with the 24 hours of Le Mans? No one was looking to by an endurance race car. Honda hasn't won the 24 so they must produce really terrible cars.
lol.gif
And I think that a new Hyundai will last a wee bit more than 4 years. Man, if someone was asking their opinion on a large sized Farm truck you'd find someway to recomend an Audi. They are great cars but not for everyone.

"aspire and festiva will serve me faithfully
and excellent cars most people that have owned them will agree"

Aspire, the only way to travel. Better hope you don't get into an accident. Those lower leg impacts can be life-changing....about 10 mph and your done fella! My guess is that most people who own them don't have a lot of experience with other cars. (what's the best car you have driven?) Why buy a car that costs twice as much? ($24k for A4) Because it's twice as safe, twice as quiet, twice as long-lasting, twice as fun and a million time cooler and not everyone is dirt-poor.

BTW- are you calling other forum members ignorant and guilty of claiming your car is better too? Your post shows a DEFINATE lack of understanding of what modern automobiles offer.

Thinking about it, maybe my next car WILL be a 1989 Festiva...makes sense.

When in doubt, attack the poster, YOU said:

"We all know your Audi is the greatest mechanical device on Earth. But your bashing of people who post good opinions about economy cars or performance cars that are not Audis, gets old."

I think their record at LeMans qualifies them for consideration as "Greatest Mechanical Device"

"Have had my elantra since 2002, Had an '87 excel before that. Never had a problem out of the excel...It is actually a two-toned interior!"

87 Excel, there's a car to die for. It puts my 87 Coupe GT to shame (last year of production).

Here's a recent pic:

-

So according to Drew's logic, a 4 year old (2002) Hundai Elantra is more desirable than my 1998 Audi, which needed NO warranty repairs at all.

-

I guess if enough people say Hundais are great, they MUST be.

quote:

97 TBird, You can't fool me, my cousin owns a '96 T-Bird that I've had the horror of driving pushing and pulling in 2 inches of snow. Nice car though....just don't compare it to a BMW.
 -

You're right, you can't compare a BMW to a Ford. You'd end up embarrased. Lets ask these guys which they prefer.

-

No matter how many times they added weight to the Mustangs this year, they still beat all the expensive German cars on the way to the GS championship...

Yea, I saw the Mustangs doing their job this year. I sorta like them but am not sure about the going backwards to go forwards styling. It's about time Ford did something in this bracket. The Saleens were just a mess, couldn't get 1/2 way through a race. Is this Speed GT? Audi has new cars under construction and took a pass on last season. so they didn't beat ALL the german cars. We'll see. It's kinda funny to see those bloated 4-door A6s passing Vettes and other pure sports cars, do we get any credit for that? Factory-support counts for a lot in these brackets, are the Fords private? Can they hang with the 911s? I suppose Audis next cars will be A6s but those DTM A4s can do the job too. Touche'.

This is the 2004 car..there are those darn Castrol stickers again!

-

[ November 23, 2005, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: Audi Junkie ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back