How many PENNZOIL PLATINUM users ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What weight ? Reason why ? How long ? What vehicle ?
coffeetime.gif

Not yet, it will be 10 w 30 for about 7k. 1991 grand prix 3.1

Has anyone gotten tired of this guy?

didn't ask if you're going to use it , asked if using it , as in this moment .
grin.gif
Is this not an open forum , DR.NO ? If you don't like my presence then ignore it or possibly have me banned .
pat2.gif

Quote:

coffeetime.gif

Weight - 5W20 and 5W30
Reason - It's as good as anything out there and I get it FREE.
How Long - Since Pennzoil started making synthetic oils.
What vehicle - 2 Honda Elements and 1 Toyota Prius.

Now on a side note: Everyone be nice to each other, please. Thank you.

5W20, BOGO, about a year, 99 B3000 & 05 Grand Caravan. So far it seems to stay in good but I change the GC every 3K because of warranty and the B3000 I change the filter every 3K and the oil every 6K.

Quote:

coffeetime.gif

5W20
BOGO free and UOA on the forum
Approximately 2400 miles - 5000 miles oci
2007 Dodge Caliber R/T

I will be doing an oa when I change the oil and if its not better or the same I will go back to Castrol Syntec.

Quote:

5W20, BOGO, about a year, 99 B3000 & 05 Grand Caravan. So far it seems to stay in good but I change the GC every 3K because of warranty and the B3000 I change the filter every 3K and the oil every 6K.

You know that filter may be functioning better AFTER being run 3000 miles, compared to brand new, right? I do just the opposite, I change Pennzoil Platinum, 5-30, every 7500 miles, on two Subaru's, 60,000 miles total, and don't change the Wix Filter out until 15000 miles. Oil analysis shows insoluables less than 0.2%. You can save yourself some money, while getting better filtration, by leaving that filter on at LEAST 6000 miles, if not 12000. This info is buried in the Oil Filter Section...I see you're fairly new on the board...so:
welcome.gif

I had 5W20 PP in a Dodge Ram 1500 4.7L for 5000 miles. Uoa came back excellent. But I decided to run Amsoil next instead of PP again. However, I would use it again.

5W-20 & 5W-30, will depend on the season.

Like how it quieted down all my car engines.

Started using about 2 years ago. In all my vehicles now.

I used it (10w30) in my wife's 2001 Sienna last time. I had slight oil consumption issues with it. Not bad at all - down 1/2 qt after about 5000 miles - but I never had to add any oil before with Mobil 1.
Waiting for a UOA from Blackstone which I'll post.

Probably should be using it due to availability and price. Right now using ASM 0w-20. Car runs great. Will sample at some point to see if I'll stick with it.

Weight - 5W-30
Reason - Autozone no longer sells GC
frown.gif
That and people have complained of consumption issues with M1 in my engine
How Long - ~100 miles or so thus far
What vehicle - 2003 Honda Civic Si

5w-20 ... BOGO actually has me with a small stash .... ~ 5 -6 K per Honda OLM

Another reason I use it, as some hint towards, its NOT an ExxonM product.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back