T6 5w40 vs Pennzoil Plat Euro 5w40

I do not unfortunately.

Based on this document I always assumed that Porsche A40 does not allow for any foaming of the tested motor oil:

1715694281922.jpeg

Why in the world are you running Diesel oil in a high powered gasoline engine?

If you really want something that will protect that engine, you have several options that make way more sense:

In no particular order:
  • Mobil 1 FS 5W-40
  • Mobil 1 15W-50
  • Castrol EDGE Euro 5W-40
  • Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5W-40 / Quaker State Euro 5W-40 (they are the same)
  • HPL Supercar 5W-40
  • HPL Supercar 5W-50
  • HPL BAS 5W-40

Can't wait until @RDY4WAR chimes in.
I disagree PP is GTL Quaker State is not. I watched a video on YouTube I think it might of been Lake Speed Jr.
Even though both brands are now owned by shell. They have different base stocks and additive packages. Also Lake Speed Jr said there are only four companies selling base stock oils to the oil blenders so any oil that meets the specs for your engine should be good to go. I like the Pennzoil Platinum oils that are GTL.

I disagree PP is GTL Quaker State is not. I watched a video on YouTube I think it might of been Lake Speed Jr.
Even though both brands are now owned by shell. They have different base stocks and additive packages. Also Lake Speed Jr said there are only four companies selling base stock oils to the oil blenders so any oil that meets the specs for your engine should be good to go. I like the Pennzoil Platinum oils that are GTL.
Where did he mention base stock composition?

That video wasn't a comparison of Euro blends.

Hello, I've been browsing and couldn't find a thread comparing Rotella T6 5w40 against Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40 with oil analysis results.

I found an older thread stating that the new Pennzoil Platinum Euro 5w40 is what the old Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 5w40 was called.

Anyways, I have a 700 horsepower 427 Ls7 vette and bearing protection is paramount. Currently running T6 5w40. No cats, and I change the oil every 2500-3000 kms. I only drive it in the summer/fall months so it sees 40*F to 80*F ambient temps.

Please chime in if you have compared to the 2 oils or have a link to a thread with data related to these 2, thanks.
What oil temps are you seeing?

Man.. so much Brotella hate.

Personally, I'm one of the only people that can claim I've driven Subaru STIs since they were released in the US, and done so very reliably, it has been 19 years of me driving these things and beating on them, zero issues... most reliable car I've owned.

I've only used Rotella T6, heck I've been pushing over 400whp for 6 years, no issues and it doesn't even burn oil.

It has been great, and I'll continue to use it, I've been waiting for almost 2 decades now for "my motor to be ruined because of Rotella", meanwhile a lot of the people that said those things... blew their motors with their expensive boutique oil.

Personally, I'm one of the only people that can claim I've driven Subaru STIs since they were released in the US, and done so very reliably, it has been 19 years of me driving these things and beating on them, zero issues... most reliable car I've owned.

I've only used Rotella T6, heck I've been pushing over 400whp for 6 years, no issues and it doesn't even burn oil.

It has been great, and I'll continue to use it, I've been waiting for almost 2 decades now for "my motor to be ruined because of Rotella", meanwhile a lot of the people that said those things... blew their motors with their expensive boutique oil.
Ignore them. I admit though Modelo is much better than Corona

Sure it's fine if ones only requirement is that the engine doesn't fail.

In any case It's hugely overrated. That's all.

I've been using Rotella t6 in my rhd STi for 10 years with no issues, no leaks/burning/consuming oil. But I only do 4500-5000km oci. It's been getting expensive for a 5L jug, it's $71cdn and $199 for a 18L pail. I did a Oil analysis in 2016 and I'm happy with it.

Screenshot_20240703-102657.jpg

Back