How late into the season do you guys mow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I mean those up north. Do you keep mowing until snow falls? I just finished mowing today. It's been a week since last mowing. Not a whole lot of grass grew during that time. I'm guessing one more mowing, maybe two and I'm done for the year...

As long as the weather holds up and there are leaves to suck up with my bagging tractor. Snowblowers are ready too.

I figure maybe once more. Then, after the leaves have fallen, I'll either bag or mulch them with the mower (first time I've owned a bagger and mulcher mower, so I don't know how effective it is.)

Usually to late Oct, early Nov in the Buffalo NY area. Then away goes the mowers for ~5 months & out comes the snow removal equipment
frown.gif

Joel

i use my john deere 214 to mow and pick up leaves with. it has a power flow bagger on it and works great for leaf clean up. i've usually got the mower deck off and the snow plow on by early to mid november.

Probably got 2-3 mowings left, and maybe 1 or 2 leaf mulching/baggings before it goes into the shed for winter. I think last year I mowed about the middle-end of november. I went over it like 3 times that day to get all the leaves and leaf bits off the yard.

I usually finish up in October. I remember one year I mowed in November. My neighbor let his grass go and was out there in December.

November. I've got 12 Pecan trees and bag the leaves with my Honda. Can't wait to try my new Hi-Lift blade.

Originally Posted By: Steve S
once the grass quits growing.

Or, paraphrasing Kramer from Seinfeld, "it's up to the grass now.".

Things usually slow down about the end of October. I mowed yesterday and the grass still had a lot of growth. Based on the rain forecast for this week, I'm guessing I have 2-3 more mowings at least.

Originally Posted By: Pete591
As long as the weather holds up and there are leaves to suck up with my bagging tractor. Snowblowers are ready too.

I like that, "snow Blowers" are ready too.Not just one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back