How about some positive news during theses times

My daughter just finished Chemo therapy for breast cancer and the prognosis is very good. She starts phase 2 next week which is 4 weeks X 5 days a week of radiation to finish up. Yaaaa

Originally Posted by Eddie
My daughter just finished Chemo therapy for breast cancer and the prognosis is very good. She starts phase 2 next week which is 4 weeks X 5 days a week of radiation to finish up. Yaaaa

That's truly great news, Eddie!

After 2.5 years of chemo, radiation and a bone marrow transplant, my younger son may come home from the hospital at the end of the week. He's done what no 10yo should ever have to do. We pray it's over. It's also supposed to be look a bit like spring by Friday as well.

Originally Posted by tcp71
After 2.5 years of chemo, radiation and a bone marrow transplant, my younger son may come home from the hospital at the end of the week. He's done what no 10yo should ever have to do. We pray it's over. It's also supposed to be look a bit like spring by Friday as well.

God bless him! He's a tough boy! Praying is over too.
smile.gif

I went for a walk along a road in a wooded area yesterday and as soon as I began walking a blue-jay was in a small tree at a height just a little higher than the top of my head about 25 feet off the road to my left. It crossed the road to a tree to the right and stayed there as I walked by. Later on the walk I heard a branch of a tree falling and hitting other branches and looked in that direction and a big hawk had flown from the tree where the branch came from and was flying through the woods. The leaves are not fully developed on the trees yet in the thick part of the woods and it is still easy to see into the woods a decent distance, and the leaves are budding. Several days ago when I walked the same road I saw three finches in one small area, and later on that walk I saw three robins in one area. The robins were flying one after the other. Made me wonder if one of them was born this year and the other two were the parents. Three together is unusual, I have seen two together several times, but never three together.

SPRING IN HERE, and the wild animals, birds, and fish are surviving and reproducing, and getting by the same as any other spring in the past.

Thousands of U.S. lives may be saved because the drastic reduction of the amount of driving will result in many fewer motor vehicle accidents. If you do some internet searches such as on Wikipedia you can see that in the United States for each year in the recent past 30,000 +/- some, people have been killed in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. this drastic reduction in driving is going to significantly reduce that number while this shutdown goes on.

Originally Posted by hatt
My garden is coming along nicely.

Same here.

Mulched standing corn and other veggy material.

Tilled my garden last week and tilled mulched material and sand into it.

Park Seed is shipping my order so i can get some Alaska Peas and early sweet corn in the ground.

Originally Posted by JimPghPA
Thousands of U.S. lives may be saved because the drastic reduction of the amount of driving will result in many fewer motor vehicle accidents. If you do some internet searches such as on Wikipedia you can see that in the United States for each year in the recent past 30,000 +/- some, people have been killed in motor vehicle accidents in the U.S. this drastic reduction in driving is going to significantly reduce that number while this shutdown goes on.

My neighbor across the cul-de-sac works for the local FD - he said they've seen less car accidents but more house fires and crazy people calling.

Back