Highest mileage car you've bought?

Status
Not open for further replies.
My first car, it was a 1995 black Honda Accord EX 2.7 V6 with leather. It had 218K when I purchased it.

1999 Honda Civic EX Coupe that had 163K when I purchased it, it was my DD up until Nov 2012 when I sold it (216K miles) to purchase my 97 Accord with 134K miles on it.

Last year we bought a '96 Toyota Camry with a V6, with 246k on it. Could use rear struts and a valve adjustment (little noisy) but the thing still runs like a raped ape and we drive it daily to keep the mileage off the nice cars. Only paid a few hundred bucks for it too.

I got an 82 celica in 93. I drove 4 yyears.doughter drove it 5 more.it had 231k when i got it.

Got a 1991 Nissan Sentra 4dr 3spd auto for free with 18x,xxx on the odo. It was a nice addition to our all-truck garage. Except one of us didn't understand FWD driving dynamics and crashed it into a traffic pole making a left turn.

I bought a 03 PT Crusier
frown.gif
when I was like 20 that had 98k. Worst car I've ever had. Exactly at 100k the head gasket blew. Radiator cracked. Fan broke. Water pump fouled out. Just a piece of [censored]. That soured me on all Chrysler products even to this day.

Only bright spot with that POS was when a drunk driver crashed into it parked in front of my house Christmas night. Got a claim check for like 7k. Bought my first muscle car (96 Mustang GT) and never looked back.

I bought this truck many years ago with over 320,000 miles on it. I sold it with over 400,000 miles. I did swap in a 283 V8 while I owned it. Along with body work and paint.

A few years ago, I picked up a 2000 Civic HX for $2700 with 142k miles.

305172_9571_XL.jpg

Its now got 215k or more and probably salable for over $2000 in a weekend on CL.

I've bought two relatively high mileage vehicles:
A 1993 Bronco 351w with 247k
A 1997 F250HD 7.3 Diesel with 309k

I use the truck everyday for my business.

91 miata with 295k.original owner Only thing replaced was clutch and radiator(and hoses)
It had every single receipt since 1998. That's why i bought it actually. Every single maintenance was done at mazda dealer except for new tires done elsewhere

It did have a oil leak but i ran 15w50 and it stopped (south ga summer )

When i sold it after 10k miles i added my receipts in (receipt for oil and rear brake pads)

I bought an '88 Grand Marquis with 250k on it for $400, replaced the intake gasket as it leaked about a quart every 4-500 miles. Sold it for scrap after a few months (rust everywhere) and bought a very unreliable '84 Thunderbird Turbo Coupe that I ended up scrapping as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back