High Performance Lubricants - Your Favorite Products?

I'm officially new to the HPL Club. I made two six-pack purchases. I plan on blending them.

Please refrain from negative feedback on blending. Since 1970, I have not encountered anything negative and I am first & last owner of my vehicles. What drove my prior vehicles to the junkyards was Rust.

1) HPL PPPCEO (Premium Plus Passenger Car Engine Oil) in 5W30
2) HPL No VII 10w30
I don't have the funds to do full HPL in all my vehicles, yet. Thanks to BITOG sale thread things I have a good stock of PP Euro L 5W-30 and Mobil FS 5W-30. Once those are used up maybe we'll see what happens. I'm not looking to do extended OCI's so no benefit there for me. The 2 really short trip vehicles I'd rather just replace oil earlier from GDI fuel concerns (and UOA's from them).

I liked the results from the EC30 from my visual, filter C&P's, and others experience also. I see what it helped clean from vehicles that were already on M1 or PP for a long time that didn't have the carbon type bits in the past.

I'm now using 1qt of PCMO 5W-30 with the above stocks since it has better cleaning abilities and a quality oil. I've done enough LubeGard BioTech and other additives over the years to try and help keep clean etc. I'd rather use a quality true oil product that I think will help achieve better results and protection. Daughter's 235k CRV oil now looks cleaner with over 2k on OCI than many other peoples I see with fresh oil change and less than 100k on them.

Daughters '08 CRV has some HPL Green in tranny, and will get drain and fills with it accordingly at whatever intervals for like 20k. Currently is DW-1, Maxlife red bottle, HPL Green from past D&F's.

What exactly do you expect to change w/r to each oil individually, and what shortcoming in HPL’s individual product lines are you expecting to address by mixing the two?

It’s just my take, but this seems like a great way to take an excellent known oil from either product line, and throw all kinds of doubt into the mix, pun intended.
I spell your definition of shortcomings as b-e-e-f-i-n-g.
Wait - all the scientists here at BITOG say I weaken the additive sauce by blending.
My history since 1970 says otherwise.

In a nutshell.....
1) I wanted a little more than no No VII. Seems like a strange request - right?
2) I also wanted a batch of PAO to work with esters that exist in both different quart jugs.

3) Subie..... don't tell this one below to Pablo. Promise?
I'm going to blend a couple quarts of the No VII 10w30 with 2-1/2 quarts of Amsoil Euro 0w30.

My wife's Kia still sounded like a typewriter with the Amsoil 0w30 and I'm hoping the HPL 10w30 snuffs the tic-tic sound, right out of commission. No one here wants to give me more than $8 a quart for the Amsoil Euro 0w30, so I may-as-well keep it and use it..... but in a different fashion.

Pablo thinks I'm buying Amsoil SS 10w30 to accomplish this feat. Please don't tell him I'm blending this concoction using HPL. He may blow a gasket and I always appreciate all the help he's given me. You too!

Last edited:
Slowly transitioning both cars over to entirely HPL.

But I’m partial to the “super car” oils. While not scientific whatsoever, but @OVERKILL will back me on this, it somehow has smoothed out MDS operation in my truck. I can only tell by the change in exhaust note, there’s no vibration anymore.

I'll kelly swap to HPL gear oils for my r. diff and f. bevel box. If they made DSG fluid I'd do that too. And Haldex fluid too because I live the HPL lifestyle.

1000019581.jpg

-Vanilla PCMO 5w-20 in both vehicles. Paid $11.23/quart shipped for the last two pails I’ve bought, seems like a great value. Now hoping to get ~20k miles out of a fill, time will tell.
-Differential life 75w-80 in both vehicles too.

Hoping to get onboard with the atf and cvt oils soon

Back