High Performance Lubricants - Your Favorite Products?

@High Performance Lubricants offers a comprehensive line-up for members who are interested in boutique oils. What are your favorite products from them and why?

For me:

1) Euro No VII 5W20: Where else can you find a xW-20 with a HT/HS of 3.267? It is very shear stable due to the lack of VII. This is definitely a super-premium, all-climate long-drain oil for applications requiring a 20wt.

2) Passenger Car Engine Oil 10W20: Very unique product - extremely shear-stable and priced very well with the BITOG discount. This is an excellent long-drain oil for those residing in warm climates.

I will most likely never order it; but I love the look of the ‘overkill 0W-20’…big ‘believer’ in metallic adds, and adding that to a thin 0W-20 where needed…yeah.

I've been eying my next case of oil, for use in about 15,000 miles.

Euro 5w30

The No VII 5w30 looks quite intriguing as well. VI over 170
PCMO >13.5 TBN, HT/HS 3.399
Euro >11TBN, HT/HS 3.566

Currently in use:
PCMO 5w20
Diff Life 75w90
ATF Blue

I am currently using the HPL passenger car oil 5w30.

I will be purchasing more of the engine oil, transmission fluid and gear oil.

First time using the Euro No-VII 5w30 in my Allroad. Fuel mileage is almost identical to what it is rated for using the factory 0-20 which I drained at < 100 miles and at cold temp poured out of my extractor like water, I mean I've seen milk thicker than that stuff. It was out of the extractor and into the drain container leaving almost zero residue.

I messaged HPL on the Friday night before Memorial Day with a few questions about the specs and running a 502 in place of the 508 and David messaged me back within a couple hours. I'm going to keep my eye on any oil consumption and may switch to the normal Euro for the 504 coverage but that level of information and response is incredible. Will be switching the Touareg, TTRS and Porsche to HPL at next changes. The Golf R is tracked and heavily tuned so has to have really short OCIs so might be cost prohibitive but I am considering it.

If i were to purchase, i was going to go with 0W30 Premium Plus PCEO for my 2019 Ram Hemi. But. Its a lot of money. And i dont know how i feel about long drain intervals. So i dunno.

Also. I need 7 quarts. I dont want to spend $180 to get 12 quarts this oil change, and another $100 for the next oil change. Just seems silly.

Euro 5w30

The No VII 5w30 looks quite intriguing as well. VI over 170
PCMO >13.5 TBN, HT/HS 3.399
Euro >11TBN, HT/HS 3.566
If i were to purchase, i was going to go with 0W30 Premium Plus PCEO for my 2019 Ram Hemi. But. Its a lot of money. And i dont know how i feel about long drain intervals. So i dunno.

Also. I need 7 quarts. I dont want to spend $180 to get 12 quarts this oil change, and another $100 for the next oil change. Just seems silly.
My HEMI is running their Euro No VII 5W20. It has the kinematic viscosity of a 20wt, but the HT/HS is better than most 30wt oils.
In 4-gal cases, I am showing $15.88/qt shipped with the BITOG 15% off discount.

There are definitely cheaper alternatives, but I also just spent this much on one tank of 89.

Last edited:
My HEMI is running their Euro No VII 5W20. It has the kinematic viscosity of a 20wt, but the HT/HS is better than most 30wt oils.

There are definitely cheaper alternatives, but I also just spent this much on one tank of 89.
Ain’t that the truth Oye. I burn a tank to a tank and a half a week but I cheat with 87.

The 4 gallon case is the way to go, but you’re committing to two changes.

I’m going to start in a new dilemma if I go ahead and switch to the big filter. Now it takes 8 quarts. (BTW I’ve never only put 7 in, always 7.5)

Yeah, i run 89 too but fill up at half tank (33gal) and its still $70. Sucks. If i were to run 10k miles, id pull the trigger. But as of right now just running Mobil fs 0w40 in summer and PUP or Valvoline Advance 0w20 in winter. 5k changes. I dunno.

I felt like the premium plus 0w30 would be best all around oil for Wisconsin. Hths of 3.0 still.

Just had a mental click, Euro 5w30 would suit both of our cars well, Beetle and Ram

Yes, I think I’ve been swayed towards 5w30 for the Ram.

Been using the 5W30 HPL in my Tahoe , been able to extend my drain intervals with good labs to back it up

Got a summer of travel comming up to GA, KY and MN several times and this oil takes a whoopin and comes back for more

1st fill change at 6.5 K and Blackstone said I had a TBN fof 5 + and I can go easy 10K in the summer heat down south with no worries

I’m partial to the stickers, myself 🤣

Finishing up a run on PCEO 5w30 in my EcoBoost, been stellar, 14.2k so far with a filter change & half-quart top up at 7k. No VII Euro 5w30 on deck for this weekend along with particle counts on the Fram Synthetic Endurance 10575.

Also picked up 8 gallons of ATF Green CC to do my 10R80 and 8F35, at some very soon point (as soon as my deep PPE pan gets here). Will probably go ahead and switch my ‘07 Impreza over to ATF Blue CC sometime this summer.

Have PCEO 5w20 in my mom’s ‘18 Forester, 6 months in and no consumption. Will change around Christmas regardless of mileage. It will get Differential Life 75w90 next fall since it just got Amsoil Severe Gear last Christmas (already had it on the shelf).

Next fill on the ‘20 Transit Connect will be No VII 10w20 on tap for 15k OCIs.

Will also be draining all fluids in the ElectraGlide in November for the HPL V-Twin pack, along with Stahlbus drains for the engine, trans, and primary! I need vacation just to deal with all my hobbies! 🤣

Attachments

• IMG_1627.jpeg
    IMG_1627.jpeg
    121.6 KB · Views: 28

Finishing up a run on PCEO 5w30 in my EcoBoost, been stellar, 14.2k so far with a filter change & half-quart top up at 7k. No VII Euro 5w30 on deck for this weekend along with particle counts on the Fram Synthetic Endurance 10575.

Also picked up 8 gallons of ATF Green CC to do my 10R80 and 8F35, at some very soon point (as soon as my deep PPE pan gets here). Will probably go ahead and switch my ‘07 Impreza over to ATF Blue CC sometime this summer.

Have PCEO 5w20 in my mom’s ‘18 Forester, 6 months in and no consumption. Will change around Christmas regardless of mileage. It will get Differential Life 75w90 next fall since it just got Amsoil Severe Gear last Christmas (already had it on the shelf).

Will also be draining all fluids in the ElectraGlide in November for the HPL V-Twin pack, along with Stahlbus drains for the engine, trans, and primary! I need vacation just to deal with all my hobbies! 🤣

Stickers, where's the sticker's? 🤷

😂

That’s a lot of stickers :ROFLMAO:

Back