Help me choose my carry load

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Cujet
Originally Posted By: bsmithwins
Originally Posted By: Al
I just carry hardball. When I am at the end of my thousand rounds of what I am shooting I use a load from the last box.

FMJs are pretty much the worth thing you can carry in a pistol. In .223 they can be ok because they can fragment (not all styles will do so) and cause significant injury. With pistol calibers you tend to get ice pick type wounds which aren't very disabling unless they hit bones.

BSW

I also only use ball ammo. Feeds perfectly, it's accurate, cheap and stone reliable. It's also acceptable when travelling to restrictive states. I think back to how well ball ammo worked in WW-II and wonder why people are utterly convinced it won't work today.

I know all the arguments. The bottom line remains, ball ammo works just fine, and in some situations, has some advantages.

War use is ENTIRELY different than civilian. Yeah, your ball ammo will work UNTIL it over penetrates and hurts or kills an innocent bystander. Ever ask yourself why LEO switched from ball ammo decades ago?

I apologize about my previous comment. I was out of line. However, you most recent answer you gave actually provides me more info than:

"If you need to seek a decision on which type of round to carry from on BITOG,perhaps you shouldn't be carrying a gun at all."
"Poor, confused, sweet pea. I'm not the only soul here knowing you are one that shouldn't be carrying a gun. Another operator wannabe."
"No. I resonded in another post to the OP. Just use whatever duty load his local PD carries and if it's good enough for them, it's more than good enough for him and his imaginary fire fight which will never take place."

You provided 0 useful input to answer the original question. Regards and good luck.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Ever ask yourself why LEO switched from ball ammo decades ago?

The military is forced to use non expanding ammo by the Hague Convention (IV,3). Which prevents the use of any expanding bullet. Otherwise they would be using it as much or more than law enforcement.

Originally Posted By: billt460
Originally Posted By: 2015_PSD
Ever ask yourself why LEO switched from ball ammo decades ago?
The military is forced to use non expanding ammo by the Hague Convention (IV,3). Which prevents the use of any expanding bullet. Otherwise they would be using it as much or more than law enforcement.
I know and that is part of my point.

Originally Posted By: billt460

Open tip match ammo is now allowed for use, and 9MM pistols (and perhaps .45ACP as well) are being loaded with hollow points now against terrorist, which are not from any recognized nation state, and are thus, not protected by normal rules of warfare.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back