Having trouble getting 5w30 oil

$1.90 for a gallon of 5w30?
We are on a contract that we generate xxx amount of used oil, antifreeze. That’s how this works. Plus we generate xxx amount of weight or “light melt steel” or used oil filters. Before the current “situation” we paid like $95 cents/gallon. 0w20 Synthetic safety Kleen is same price

The boss was telling me we’re having issues with oil supplier giving us correct gallon amount of Safety Kleen blend 5w30 oil. We generate like over 1,000 gallons every 2 weeks so we pay like $1.90 gallon for Safety Kleens oil. I told the boss to check around for a different oil. We shall see.
Dat's a lot of oil!

We are on a contract that we generate xxx amount of used oil, antifreeze. That’s how this works. Plus we generate xxx amount of weight or “light melt steel” or used oil filters. Before the current “situation” we paid like $95 cents/gallon. 0w20 Synthetic safety Kleen is same price
That's right... Safety Clean provides you fresh (recycled?) oil, and in return, you provide the used stuff. Not a bad deal at all, if I understand this process.

This may be a little off topic is my attention deficit disorder sometimes kicks in but didn't Valvoline try to make a green bottle of half or more recycled oil? They could have actually turned the profit on it and it might still been on the market had they not tried to charge the same as they were for the regular Valvoline. I used to get hollered at when I would go into AutoZone to recycle my oil because I was using redline oil and apparently it was contaminating the big recycle bin. I've also heard that recycled oil goes into making certain types of asphalt or asphalt repair material.

Back