Interesting visit to Walmart (yes it's oil related)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here are the specs on the 0w30 SLX:

Pour Point: -61*C
Flash Point: 238*C
Viscosity @ 40*C: 68.5
Viscosity @ 100*C: 12.1
Viscosity @ 150*C: 5.7
HTHS: 3.6
Cold Cranking Vis @ -30*C: 3200
TBN: 10.6
VI: 179

You can find the specs for Mobil 1 and Amsoil on their respective websites

www.mobil1.com
www.amsoil.com

would any of you canadian guys mind picking some of this cyntec 0w-30 up for me, if i send money first? its either the syntec (since we here in the us will NEVER get it) or a case of AGIP 5w-40. the AGIP is $75 shipped to my house via fed ex or UPS and is 12qts. AGIP's syn. IS PAO based.

I'd also be more than happy to help out our southern oil geeks. My only concern is shipping oil. Isn't it qualified as a dangerous good, requiring special handling/packaging needs (read: more expensive)??

Regards,
Paul

One more thing; as far as the concern for the stores selling out of 0W-30, I'm pretty sure this is only the case in the west end. From what I can tell, this is where most of the Toronto members on this messge board are from.

It's very likely that east end Walmarts are fully stocked.

-Paul

Vrrrrrrroooooommm... Mad dash to the east end walmarts..
grin.gif

Pat, my M1 0w40 "experiment" has more to do with how well it resists usage in my engine.. As I previous stated, I start consuming at about 3.5-4K km into the interval.. I would like to go about 6-8K km, depending on how many track and auto-x dates I will attend, but if I start using again at 3.5K then the analysis at 6K will have probably about 2L of make up oil.
twak.gif
thumbsdown.gif
I'm hoping I won't use any of it and can do an analysis on the used oil only.
dunno.gif

Quick_lude...

I'm actually waiting to see how your experiment turns out, as I might turn to M1 0W-40 to seek the same benefit.

I bet you will monitor the usage as the KMS rack up, and I would apprecite it if you would give a summary of it.

For now, I will be doing two runs of 0W-30 SLX (10,000kms each), to see how it compares to the dino juice that's been in the car up to this point. The second run of 10k (6k miles for our southern brothers) will be tested to see if it can go further. After which point I will make the decision to look else where, or just stop looking and stay with Castrol.

-Paul

[ April 04, 2003, 01:05 AM: Message edited by: Paul ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back