Had to try the G-Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this stuff 100% NON-petroleum?!!?

Meaning, not derived from crude oil in any way shape or form.

If it's non-petroleum, that means gasoline can't dilute it; meaning, no more fuel dilution issues. . .

This thread is the future
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
If it's non-petroleum, that means gasoline can't dilute it; meaning, no more fuel dilution issues. . .

How do you figure? Gas will get into the oil even if you put pure peanut oil in your crankcase.

Originally Posted By: squinky86
What happened to all the guys who promised a UOA a few months ago? Did their cars blow up?

I know, I want to see them too. But at 10-15K miles per year, it takes quite a few months to get to a 7500 or even 5000 mile OCI.

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Is this stuff 100% NON-petroleum?!!?

Meaning, not derived from crude oil in any way shape or form.

Are you sure about that?

Originally Posted By: Steve S
Are you sure about that?

Yes, gasoline will only break down other petroleum based chemicals; such as petroleum based oil and petroleum based grease. If you try to break down lithium based grease with gasoline, it doesn't work. Same thing with your latex based house paint, which is thinned with water and cannot be thinned with lacquer thinner. I'm thinking if this G-oil is based on animal fat, the only way to break it down is with a caustic cleaner like Purple Power, or a citrus based solvent.

Originally Posted By: squinky86
What happened to all the guys who promised a UOA a few months ago? Did their cars blow up?

I'm still running it. I'll get there eventually.

And I just thought of something:

I don't see how you can mix oils if you're using this G-oil. How are you gonna mix a petroleum based oil with an animal fat based oil? What would happen if somebody accidentally added a quart of Pennzoil to their G-oil? Are they gonna mix?

in the end they are both some form of hydrocarbon; it's just the method taken to reach that point that is different.

I'm just curious as to how it compares to other synthetics with wear protection and deposits. I just really wonder how well it will keep an engine clean. Other than that I wouldn't have a problem trying it.

Just picked up some G for the Sierra. Could not resist the $26 coupon. I was planning to try PP, but the Penzoil will have to wait now.

Originally Posted By: chevman4life
I'm just curious as to how it compares to other synthetics with wear protection and deposits. I just really wonder how well it will keep an engine clean. Other than that I wouldn't have a problem trying it.
This is a baseless assumption, but I would guess about the same as the other oils in the products price range; so I am guessing that Synpower, PP, Syntec(now Edge with syntec tech) and Mobil 1 would perform similarly. The Edge, AMSOIL, Redline, Royal Purple type oils will likely have a better performing product. I'm anxious to see what the UOA's hint at. Of course we will need a bunch of UOAs to get the bigger picture of the product.

Originally Posted By: Whimsey
If this is not petroleum based oil maybe it will not produce the carbon deposits on the intake valves of DI engines
21.gif

Whimsey

it's still composed of various hydrocarbons, which result in carbon during incomplete combustion.

and my understanding is, it's the combustion of the gasoline causing the deposits in DI engine.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: SteveTheisen
The Edge, AMSOIL, Redline, Royal Purple type oils will likely have a better performing product.

Why? What is your definition of "better performing"?

Originally Posted By: barlowc
Originally Posted By: SteveTheisen
The Edge, AMSOIL, Redline, Royal Purple type oils will likely have a better performing product.

Why? What is your definition of "better performing"?
I'm relatively new, but as I understand the oils have better base oils than the mainly Group III based oils in the $25.00 price range. The oils listed in the quote are usually in the 31+ price range and I am assuming Group IV or better. I haven't done my research but I am assuming a oil capable for long OCI's like those would perform better than their sister products that are in the mid-$20s.

Like I said, I don't have any quantitative data to back up what I am saying. Just speculating, no one has UOAs yet so we can only really guess how it is going to work in our engines. Once we have some UOAs then we can start really measuring it against the gold standard UOAs on established products.

Well this Group V 5W30 is available in Jugs at my local WalMart. Says it will mix with any other motor oil and go to the manufacturers specified OCI for any car that specs 5W30 including synthetic (That could be 15,000 miles).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back