Had to try the G-Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: A_Harman
OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh goody!

A motor oil that promises to save the planet.

A thrill just ran down my leg.

Brown or yellow?
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: lexus114
Originally Posted By: chubbs1
With JasonC's post about the $13 MIR (unlimited purchases 'til 4/15) I had to drain the brand new Amsoil in my Nissan and try it. (I carefully drained it into a CLEAN pan and I am going to reuse it of course). The G-Oil, though you can't really judge by feel, is just as smooth as any other oil I have ran so far which is about every major syn except Valvoline Synpower. I really think if you want to try this stuff and you have a vehicle that calls for 5w30 it is worth the try. I will do a UOA to see how it performs, but while it is cheap and cuts the use of foreign oil I think it is worth every penny.

What do you mean by that? Is the Valvoline smoother?

I think he was saying that he's tried about every major except for SynPower.

Originally Posted By: Hokiefyd
Originally Posted By: lexus114
With JasonC's post about the $13 MIR (unlimited purchases 'til 4/15) I had to drain the brand new Amsoil in my Nissan and try it. (I carefully drained it into a CLEAN pan and I am going to reuse it of course). The G-Oil, though you can't really judge by feel, is just as smooth as any other oil I have ran so far which is about every major syn except Valvoline Synpower. I really think if you want to try this stuff and you have a vehicle that calls for 5w30 it is worth the try. I will do a UOA to see how it performs, but while it is cheap and cuts the use of foreign oil I think it is worth every penny.

What do you mean by that? Is the Valvoline smoother?

I think he was saying that he's tried about every major except for SynPower.

Oh,I got it now.....
laugh.gif

I'm telling you guys, this stuff is actually running nice in my Altima. That is my baby too, it wasn't easy to try it out to be honest but the rebate helped
grin.gif
She is running great so far!

What grade of G-Oil did you put in there?
How much did it cost?
And are you happy to be supporting the use of Corn in america? (last question is from a mvie i just watched, nothign wrong with Corn, just sayin)

thumbsup2.gif

And G-oil has a competitor that BITOG -HATES!-
shocked.gif
it starts with R....

Originally Posted By: SuperFast

What grade of G-Oil did you put in there?

5W-30

How much did it cost?

$13 after rebate

And are you happy to be supporting the use of Corn in america? (last question is from a mvie i just watched, nothign wrong with Corn, just sayin)

It's refined from waste beef fat, not corn.

It's all right there in the thread, man!

I'd like to give it a shot as well at some point.
Really dont care what its made of or how green it is, But I do like that its all non-imported and not too expensive.

Wonder what kind of cleaning properties it has?

Honestly, If this works well what's not to like?

Originally Posted By: 123Saab
I'd like to give it a shot as well at some point.
Really dont care what its made of or how green it is, But I do like that its all non-imported and not too expensive.

Wonder what kind of cleaning properties it has?

Honestly, If this works well what's not to like?

I like that last statement if it works well who gives a [censored] where it comes from and a huge bonus is it supports US small business and ingenuity or should I say engine-uity...ohhh I laughed so hard I have stuff running down my leg now too.

Originally Posted By: A_Harman
OOOOOOOOOOhhhhhhhhh goody!

A motor oil that promises to save the planet.

A thrill just ran down my leg.

Hey Harman, I sell colostomy bags and I will give you a nice BITOG discount, because you sound like such a great guy.

Anyone know if there is G-oil at Wal-Marts in Syracuse or Rochester Im coming down from Canada through Watertown.
Any help would be appreciated.

I like this product and the whole idea behind it. Its inevitable that at some point we are going to have no other choice but to use alternative sources of lubricating oils.
Their stock price closed at .42 today. Its a penny stock that has a volatile history, but could prove to be a long term winner.
It was $4.00 at one time.
If marketed well, this is a product that has legs.

I just picket up a jug at the local Walmart. The jug feels a little flimsy and label looks pretty cheap but I guess that's the price you pay for recycled plastic and water-based inks. I think it's pretty cool anyway. The cashier thought it was pretty weird but he said he might give it a try, too.
IMG_0183.jpg

Yup, I took the plunge too. I mean, with 5 quarts coming to only $13 dollars, how could you not?! It seems to be a quality product too. Heck, my car - 2007 Focus 2.0 - doesn't even call for 5w-30 (it calls for 5w-20). But let's be honest, the 5w-30 won't hurt it a bit and it'll probably shear down to a 20wt by the end of the OCI anyhow. I plan on using a 0w/5w-20 the rest of the time, but I figured I'd give this oil a go. And, with warmer weather not too far away, a great time to try the thicker oil
grin.gif

Looking forward to the first UOA or even VOA before I try it. Though I have yet to see it on store shelves here in the midwest.

Walmart just started stocking the shelves with the stuff, the press release was on Feb 28th! Who is up for a VOA on this stuff?

I spotted some in the Cartersville GA store. Should be rolling out to the other GA stores soon.

Originally Posted By: bustednutz
I like this product and the whole idea behind it. Its inevitable that at some point we are going to have no other choice but to use alternative sources of lubricating oils.
Their stock price closed at .42 today. Its a penny stock that has a volatile history, but could prove to be a long term winner.
It was $4.00 at one time.
If marketed well, this is a product that has legs.

I agree.

Really looking forward to see where this ends up, And a big Thank You to all the "Early Testers"!

Also, I wonder how it will be affected/not affected by Additives, Like Z-max, MMO and such.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back