Had to try the G-Oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I found some specs for G-oil 5W30. The numbers are taken from the physical data on the MSDS. I cannot find any evidence for any metal-based additives. The additive package is said to be bio-based and is described as 1-4 micron colloidal micelles "consisting of aklanolamines, amino acids, plant and vegetable extracts, non-ionic surfactants and plant based fatty acids". If this is true, a VOA will not show anything unless the "extracts" contain some metals. The "nanotechnology" phrase refers to their catalyst matrix used during processing. The racing oil appears to contain nested fullerenes.

G-oil, 5W30 SM

59 cSt @ 40 C
10.4 cSt @ 100 C
Viscosity Index 168
Pour point -43 C
Flash point 223 C

It's got a picture of a Mazda Lola Coupe on it.
thumbsup2.gif

They saw me coming...
crackmeup2.gif

Go to getg.com/caranddriver and there's a printable rebate slip there that refunds the $26 cost of the 5 qt bottle. So thats free oil once the rebate check comes.

Worth a try

This stuff is really 'taking off' on here - lots of folks interested in, and trying this stuff.

Wish it was sold in Canada, but, as usual, we don't get the good stuff!

frown.gif

Addguy, we dont know how good it is yet, It sure is promoted tho.

Time will tell, But I have a feeling its not a bad product.

Again, Its just a feeling.......I will however pick some up today as I will be around a Walmart later on, And that will be my yearly visit to there, haha.

Well, of course The only WM around here didnt have it.
So I bought some pennzoil ultra instead.

$26 and change for a 5q jug of 5w-30. bought two.

I guess the G-oil is going to have to wait for me.....

Originally Posted By: daman
Well step up you guy's running this and do a UOA with TBN!!!!
yea, would be interesting to see a UOA, but it'll be a while, the oil just came out for one, secondly, the thread is new :p It's gonna take a good 5k on the oil to actually see how good it really holds up.

I'd be interested in knowing what it's using for it's adpack particularly.

On the subject of biodegradability.

If the oil temp rises over 165f for 5 min the engine is sterile. It would take a very long time for anything to take over inside the crankcase. I would think a year would be no problem.

I've been running the G-Oil in my Audi A6 4.2 for over a year now with absolutely no problems what so ever. Since my owners manual calls for a synthetic I thought I owuld give it a try. Works great. I like the Ultimate Bio-degradeability claim and the fact that it doesn't have any foreign petroleum in it. Made in the US is not a bad thing either. Web site is www.getg.com. They are now sponsoring Kenny Wallace in the NASCAR Nationwide series. I understand they are running a free-bate on their oil at Wal-Mart. Coupon is on the web site.

Originally Posted By: dparm
^ Their site says not to use on Alusil, which the 4.2L motor is...

I believe they say that about the Racing oil but not the regular 5W-30.

They are running another free bottle rebate now to the 4th of July. Rebate must be dated by sometime in August giving you plenty of time until your next OCI. Although, you do not need to mail any seals in to get the rebate just UPC/Receipt/Coupon Dealio

Forgot to say, I bought 4 Jugs of it 2 free jug rebates. Plan on running it in the '05 Crown Vic @130,000 miles and getting a sample at 135,000 Engine oil full synthetic for the last 50,000 miles and doesn't burn a drop so the findings should be pretty good for reliability. I also plan on running it in a 2001 Dodge Intrepid, but the oil just got changed in that car. That engine may not read well since my genius girlfriend ran her car 3 1/2 quarts low on oil before the last time I changed her oil and also replaced a faulty oil pressure sender(leaking like crazy) I might get a UOA on it too just to have a better sample size as a reference for BITOG.

I was going to run the Valvoline Nextgen in my Crown Vic until I found out about this product. Nice to find a oil that isn't made from fossil fuel. I am trying to green the car as much as I can until I have money for an electric car or a 40+MPG compact car.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back