Gold Bottle Edge or M1AFE?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went to Advance today to take advantage of the deals they have going on right now. Went in to get the M1AFE, but walked out with the gold bottle Edge...mainly because I've liked the K&N filter that came with the deal. Which would you have grabbed? Application is 2015 Civic Si.

Both are fine oils. I have used both Gold Bottle Edge, and M1 AFE in my Honda. I lean toward EXOM because I feel you get what you get for a better price, use either with confidence though! Especially if you got it on sale.

Me.. Castrol Gold bottle too. But I am not 100% objective to be honest. I've used GC a number of times and really liked how it performed in my cars. But as always... You don't know nothing about something if you have never used something. I'm sure the M1FE would do really good too
smile.gif

Both are great products. The Gold Edge is more like M1 EP.

Not a fan of K&N now that they're cheaply made in Mexico with no discount. For that reason, out of those two, I would've taken the M1 deal because of the M1 filter that comes with it.

AFE 0w20 is more like (black) Edge 0w20.

And don't forget, you could even use dino or synblend 0w20. And Magnatec 0w20 is full synthetic. And AAP has that special with a Classic (or you can upgrade to P1).

For non-European MM cars, I like to use the cheapest synthetic on sale. In this case, either Magnatec or QSUD.

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Not a fan of K&N now that they're cheaply made in Mexico with no discount. For that reason, out of those two, I would've taken the M1 deal because of the M1 filter that comes with it.

Wish I would have known that! Used to always use K&N and thought they were top notch! Switched to Amsoil for a while but couldn't pass up this sale...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back