Costco - Castrol EDGE with Titanium 0W-20 (Black Bottle) - Toyota Highlander 2023 2.4T

What's wrong with Supertech? If it meets spec of vehicle requirements and changed within requirement of the manual, why can't it be used for 250K? It would take luck?

Nonsense.....sorry.

Weird thread with a boat load of misconceptions........I think a lot of you are looking at your 1%er BITOG mentality and not zooming out and looking at the average driver. Probably well over 90% of which go to whatever lube and boob is cheapest every 10K or so......and a LOT of those cars last a long time.

Hey Everyone,

We have traded our Rav4 for the new Highlander with 2.4 Turbo engine. I am just wondering which oil to choose. I was either looking at Mobil1, Penzoil Ultra Penzoil or Toyota OEM oil, however in Costco I have noticed that they Castrol EDGE (Titanium) 0W-20 in black bottles. I was never a fun of Castrol, till we moved to Canada I was only using Fuchs oil on my cars which were mostly Mercedes.

Back in the day there was a lot of different stories about Castrol including the one that it makes the engine yellowish inside after some time of use or some stories regarding engine sludge which I do not want to believe in to be honest unless you have go over your oil change intervals etc,

I had a quick look at the product data cards and it looks like that Castrol EDGE 0W-20 has the highest flash point out of all of them which is 225C, considering it is a Turbo engine I think it is a plus. Can you make some recommendations?

I just wanted to offer you my humble opinion after reading thousands of posts on BITOG forum.

After all the years of VOA, UOA analyses of wear metals, additive packages, brand comparisons, etc, many BITOG forum members have concluded that which brand you buy doesn't matter, and they just buy the lowest priced full synthetic that meets the specs (API SP, Dexos 1 Gen 3, and Euro specs if needed).

The only exception to that is HPL oils which have generous Group IV Ester, AN content which really clean out the inside of your engine and keep it clean, and can go for longer OCI's without incident.

What's wrong with Supertech? If it meets spec of vehicle requirements and changed within requirement of the manual, why can't it be used for 250K? It would take luck?

Nonsense.....sorry.

Weird thread with a boat load of misconceptions........I think a lot of you are looking at your 1%er BITOG mentality and not zooming out and looking at the average driver. Probably well over 90% of which go to whatever lube and boob is cheapest every 10K or so......and a LOT of those cars last a long time.
Yes, Supertech Full Synthetic High Mileage is my strategic oil for my 4 vehicles. Don't see any reason to ever change that choice. If you pay more, you will get zero benefit.

Back