Champion of the Walmart Shelf! SuperTech vs QuakerState vs Valvoline

That level of performance and price is PRECISELY a novelty (PCMO).

It’s the literal definition.
IMG_2922.jpeg

Not new; they’ve been around as HPL for nearly 9 years, longer as a distributor.

Not strange; better.

Not a small, mass-produced article of little value (cheap). Instead, it’s the cream of the crop.

So, it’s literally not the definition of novelty. Niche, yes. But definitely not something you’d pick up anywhere for a couple of bucks, which is the way I read the definition of novelty.

View attachment 200501
Not new; they’ve been around as HPL for nearly 9 years, longer as a distributor.

Not strange; better.

Not a small, mass-produced article of little value (cheap). Instead, it’s the cream of the crop.

So, it’s literally not the definition of novelty. Niche, yes. But definitely not something you’d pick up anywhere for a couple of bucks, which is the way I read the definition of novelty.
LOL. The lengths you just went to work around that definition are WILD.

You get a kickback from HPL or something?

A recent player in the game offering a new strange product that supposedly outperforms not only the competition but far exceeds what most people need/want out of similar products. Novel.

Stop kidding yourself, I doubt HPL needs zealots running around the internet defending their honor.

Well. Depending on where you’re at in the U.S… From north to south.

Valvoline is blended in Freedom PA, by a Valvoline owned terminal.

Quaker State is blended at Gordon Terminal Systems, McKees Rocks PA.

Supertech by Warren Highline in Glen Dale WV.

Irony is the Valvoline facility was a former Kendall plant at one point. Gordon terminal was City services (aka Citgo) and Warren Highlines facility was a Castrol / BP facility.

Edit:

Dealing with gordon terminal is much like dealing with the devil.

Yes I’m intoxicated. But anyone in this industry will agree with me. And understand what I’m saying.

So pick your flavor of Ohio River.

LOL. The lengths you just went to work around that definition are WILD.

You get a kickback from HPL or something?

A recent player in the game offering a new strange product that supposedly outperforms not only the competition but far exceeds what most people need/want out of similar products. Novel.

Stop kidding yourself, I doubt HPL needs zealots running around the internet defending their honor.
So you can’t argue anything on the merits, and resort to personal attacks thinking that somehow makes your point? Seems like this makes up a majority of your body of work when one searches your posts. Classy.

No worries, I won’t see any more of your drivel.

Of the three brands in this discussion, I’d probably use in order: QS (because my experience shows me that SOPUS makes good oils), Valvoline (MaxLife delivers solid performance at reasonable prices), and then SuperTech (because IMO most house brands are those “just meeting the spec”).

But if one is pinching pennies, all of them are better than running far past the serviceable life of any oil in one’s sump. Any fresh spec oil is better than one that’s out of grade and oxidized.

I think the FDA is trying to ban menthol flavor
Yes, supposedly menthol is racist because it unfairly targets a specific racial group. How? They don’t say, they just expect you to believe them because they’re Ivy Leaguers and they know best what all us plebes should have access to.

You have to wonder how ideas this stupid don’t get shot down immediately, even within the detached-from-reality groups that they spring up from. This is as crazy as saying “spoons make people fat” or “my pencil failed the science exam”.

Yes, supposedly menthol is racist because it unfairly targets a specific racial group. How? They don’t say, they just expect you to believe them because they’re Ivy Leaguers and they know best what all us plebes should have access to.

You have to wonder how ideas this stupid don’t get shot down immediately, even within the detached-from-reality groups that they spring up from. This is as crazy as saying “spoons make people fat” or “my pencil failed the science exam”.
Hey, you can't say that! Questioning the experts is racist. </sarcasm>

Hey, you can't say that! Questioning the experts is racist. </sarcasm>
It’s most humorous when you dig into the details, 99%+ of these “experts” have never spent a day in their lives in gainful employment. They graduated from some liberal college and went straight to government payrolls. They’ve never run a business, or had to live with the results of their actions. It’s disgusting in the highest degree and anathema to a cohesive, happy society!

Irony is the Valvoline facility was a former Kendall plant at one point. Gordon terminal was City services (aka Citgo) and Warren Highlines facility was a Castrol / BP facility.

Edit:

Yes I’m intoxicated. But anyone in this industry will agree with me. And understand what I’m saying.

QS All Mileage was and may still be at least bottled and most likely blended by Smitty's Supply. I have seen the bottles at the Wal-Mart in my area. The SSI was on the bottom of quart bottles.

QS All Mileage was and may still be at least bottled and most likely blended by Smitty's Supply. I have seen the bottles at the Wal-Mart in my area. The SSI was on the bottom of quart bottles.

Shipping my friend. Shipping.

One location will not blend for the entire country just due to logistics costs. Suddenly moving that quart of oil will be much more expensive than just the quart of oil is to produce.

Thus, my above statement. Shell uses many different toll blenders and packers.

Shipping my friend. Shipping.

One location will not blend for the entire country just due to logistics costs. Suddenly moving that quart of oil will be much more expensive than just the quart of oil is to produce.

Thus, my above statement. Shell uses many different toll
I never assumed that there was just one blender. Your statement while not meaning such could sound as if their was just one.

I never assumed that there was just one blender. Your statement while not meaning such could sound as if their was just one.

That’s why I said depending on where you’re at in the U.S.

Shell has several blending facilities around the U.S. I do believe they closed down River Rouge. Smitty’s has on and off blended for Shell depending on Smitty’s quality state at that time. I believe they have another blending facility in Texas off the top of my head.

Grease is about the only thing centrally located to a few locations around the U.S. but that’s because the margins on grease are able to support shipping.

Grease is about the only thing centrally located to a few locations around the U.S. but that’s because the margins on grease are able to support shipping.
Battenfeld used to make a lot of Pennzoil's grease. After delivering a load of packaged oil to Pennzoil's Tonawanda NY DC, the carrier would often head across town to pick up a load of grease to take back to Rouseville PA. Grease would then be included in loads of packaged oil shipped out of Oil City.

Battenfeld used to make a lot of Pennzoil's grease. After delivering a load of packaged oil to Pennzoil's Tonawanda NY DC, the carrier would often head across town to pick up a load of grease to take back to Rouseville PA. Grease would then be included in loads of packaged oil shipped out of Oil City.

They still make alot of shell grease. I can’t say too much more about that because of a NDA. Battenfeld also makes a significant amount of grease for me.

Not spoons... forks!

They still make alot of shell grease. I can’t say too much more about that because of a NDA. Battenfeld also makes a significant amount of grease for me.
question,what is NDA mean? ,Shell makes a excellent grease to mention,,

Edit:

Here in the West Coast, SOPUS had a facility in Alameda, CA that was from the Pennzoil days. It’s been bulldozed and to be developed as brownfield. Castrol used to have a facility near Chevron’s Richmond refinery. No more.

Back