Genuine Mitsubishi 0w20 Canada PDS

We recently purchased a 2023 Outlander PHEV 2.4L, and the dealership gave us a year's worth of free oil changes. This dealership uses bulk "Genuine" Mitsubishi 0w20, which they can only tell me is "Mobil 1". I have been unable to find out any specifics on this oil, if it is truly a Mitsu branded Mobil 1, or if it's a custom formula.

Has anyone seen a Product Data Sheet on this fluid, or knows anything about it? I am curious most of all for the oil's Pour Point, and TBN.
Thanks!

Finding pds's of proprietary fluids is difficult. But It comes in the m1 bottle so it has to be but it is likely just a standard full syn and not anything special so the pour point and tbn are going to be about the same as any similar SP rated 0w-20 since Mitsubishi has no stringent spec. All in all I wouldn't worry. Alberta does get brutally cold so i would stick to 0w-20 and maybe use a 30 in the warmer half if you want. I run 30 grade in my outlander sport's 2.4 which is the same engine.

Finding pds's of proprietary fluids is difficult. But It comes in the m1 bottle so it has to be but it is likely just a standard full syn and not anything special so the pour point and tbn are going to be about the same as any similar SP rated 0w-20 since Mitsubishi has no stringent spec. All in all I wouldn't worry. Alberta does get brutally cold so i would stick to 0w-20 and maybe use a 30 in the warmer half if you want. I run 30 grade in my outlander sport's 2.4 which is the same engine.
Interesting! That was actually one of my theories that it was normal M1 with a Mitsubishi logo on it. From my perspective that is better than a custom and unknown formula. Then in this case, it will have approx -50C pour point and around 10 for a TBN which is just fine.
I assume the genuine oil filter is also impossible to find info on? I sent Mitsu canada an e-mail asking for Micron efficiency a few weeks ago, and have not had a reply yet.

I have a 2014 Outlander that's had a diet of various 0W-20 oil. Never a hiccup. You shouldn't have any issue with the dealer's offering. Shoot us some pictures of your Mitsu in the snow. We don't get any here. I never get to engage the four wheel drive.

I have a 2014 Outlander that's had a diet of various 0W-20 oil. Never a hiccup. You shouldn't have any issue with the dealer's offering. Shoot us some pictures of your Mitsu in the snow. We don't get any here. I never get to engage the four wheel drive.
It's common here to have -40C for weeks on end; coldest ever was -56C for a week in 2008. It totally changed my outlook on the importance of pour points. It cost me a power steering pump in my older truck at the time.
I'll keep the pic in mind when we get our huge snow dumps :)

Back