TGMO Price Increase - Canada

My 2023 Tundra is scheduled to arrive on March 2 so I was recently at the dealership finalizing the deal and doing paperwork. Since my wife's Rav4 is due for an oil change in April I stopped by the parts department and was quoted $14/litre for TGMO 0W20. This is up from the $7/litre I paid in the fall of 2022. I called the four Toyota dealers in my province and each one of them quoted between $14-$16 per litre. I was planning to use Mobil 1 in the new Tundra anyway, but this certainly makes my decision for what to use in the Rav4 a lot easier! Mobil 1 EP is around $75 for a five-quart jug when not on sale, but is somewhat-regularly 45% to 50% off at Canadian Tire.

Has anyone in the U.S. noticed the price of TGMO has skyrocketed?
Jimmy Pattison needs the money.

BTW, I love the Stoney Trail and new Regina by-pass.

Last edited:
My 2023 Tundra is scheduled to arrive on March 2 so I was recently at the dealership finalizing the deal and doing paperwork. Since my wife's Rav4 is due for an oil change in April I stopped by the parts department and was quoted $14/litre for TGMO 0W20. This is up from the $7/litre I paid in the fall of 2022. I called the four Toyota dealers in my province and each one of them quoted between $14-$16 per litre. I was planning to use Mobil 1 in the new Tundra anyway, but this certainly makes my decision for what to use in the Rav4 a lot easier! Mobil 1 EP is around $75 for a five-quart jug when not on sale, but is somewhat-regularly 45% to 50% off at Canadian Tire.

Has anyone in the U.S. noticed the price of TGMO has skyrocketed?
I have seen TGMO both 0w16 and 0w20 go from $7/quart to $17/quart.
Cheaper & better to get Amsoil at wholesale price!

what does the T stand for in the Genetically Modified Oil you people are always talking about?

Back