General Motors Unseated As America’s Top Selling Automaker.

Reading opinions on automobile brands is comical in a disturbing kind of way. Sort of like watching beavers gnaw through their own dam.

What is truly very scary. Think of this. How could Michael Moore even make himself $3 let alone become a millionaire UNLESS there are millions of other Michael Moores running across the land thinking and feeling and believing most of the drivel that block head writes or says! YIKES :unsure:
Flint is full of people blaming everyone for their problems. The town is a cesspool. They are like a whirlpool sucking money from the surrounding areas and the state. Its like the lazy Brother in law that never works because he is waiting for a management job.
Its actually quite sad. They had a grocery chain that tried to open a new store on the edge of town. Decent wages and a good chance for advancement. They closed shortly after opening because no one could pass the drug screen and the place was getting robbed blind by shoplifters.
According to the billboards on I-75 there are 4 places that have the best weed in Flint.

Last edited:
So behind rotten “help wanted” sign might be rotten organization that is an issue.
Yep.
Case in point, Amazon, the nation's second largest employer, has a 150%/year hourly employee turnover rate, which means that the average employee only lasts 8 months. I know people who worked there and they tell me that the company and it's salaried managers are the worst that they have ever worked for, by a wide margin. After each of these former employees leave, they tell dozens of other people how bad Amazon is to work for. Amazon's reputation has gotten so bad that they are having a great deal of difficulty hiring people, so much so that during the month of December they ran several commercials nationally, spreading the propaganda that they are such a good and benevolent company to work for. Yea, right!
Walmart, the nation's largest employer, is only a little better at an average of 70%/year hourly employee turnover rate.
Closer to home, in the late 1990's to early 2000's Dell computer had earned a very bad reputation among former employees (who called it a cyber sweatshop, the first use of the term), and as they left and spread the word, Dell found it nearly impossible to hire new employees, which caused them to send their entire support department to India and Pakistan, permanently damaging their reputation among customers.
Rotten is what rotten does.

Last edited:
Yep.
Case in point, Amazon, the nation's second largest employer, has a 150%/year hourly employee turnover rate, which means that the average employee only lasts 8 months. I know people who worked there and they tell me that the company and it's salaried managers are the worst that they have ever worked for, by a wide margin. After each of these former employees leave, they tell dozens of other people how bad Amazon is to work for. Amazon's reputation has gotten so bad that they are having a great deal of difficulty hiring people, so much so that during the month of December they ran several commercials nationally, spreading the propaganda that they are such a good and benevolent company to work for. Yea, right!
Walmart, the nation's largest employer, is only a little better at an average of 70%/year hourly employee turnover rate.
Closer to home, in the late 1990's to early 2000's Dell computer had earned a very bad reputation among former employees (who called it a cyber sweatshop, the first use of the term), and as they left and spread the word, Dell found it nearly impossible to hire new employees, which caused them to send their entire support department to India and Pakistan, permanently damaging their reputation among customers.
You cannot cut corners, treat people like dirt and then blame them for being lazy.
Someone mentioned $1,200 iPhone’s? NO ONE pays $1,200 for an iPhone. You buy it as part of the plan and pay $15 a month. That “look they have iPhone” “argument” is nothing but old men yelling at the cloud.
I mentioned Vail Resorts as it became national news bcs. they are largest US ski operator and have issues from the east coast to the west coast. In the middle of pandemic they decided to house season employees in bunk beds, 4-6 per room, after they basically pushed them out of real estate market. And now someone should be thankful bcs. they offer jobs? They offer jobs bcs. no one is dumb that much to work for them except few who don’t have any other option. Those have anything else, even if it pays less, don’t want.
A lot of companies in this shifting economic environment are finding out that people might appreciate other things too, not just being told to suck it up so that someone else can squeeze just one more cent.
That is why GM where it is, Dell, and hopefully Vail Resorts soon.

GM only has themselves to blame; they handed the sedan market to the Japanese and the Koreans, and their infamous 3.6L that they use across the board in almost everything is nothing short of a disaster. As much as I adore their fullsize SUVs, and they are essentially their bread and butter for the categories they compete in, not everyone is out there to buy a Tahoe/Yukon/Suburban - especially considering cost. This is, essentially, a repeat of history going back to the 70s.

They also singlehandedly tarnished reputable model names forever, such as putting the Blazer name on what is essentially a front wheel drive, unibody POS. Same goes for the Trailblazer, and the Equinox never really had any appeal to begin with. I have no idea what the point of even having the Trax is, and the Traverse I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot pole with that 3.6L. As far as their other brands go, I personally cannot bear to see the GMC nameplate on models like the Terrain and Acadia either, but that is just my own opinion. When you market yourself as "Professional Grade", you should not have disposable vehicles like those in your lineup.
What is wrong with the current 3.6l?

Yep.
I mentioned Walmart treating employees badly and someone took offense here? Anyway, I am not surprised what you report about Dell Computers. My son had relocated to Nashville Tn and almost took a job with Dell, I am so glad he decided to stay with AT&T who he has been with since 2004. I also wondered why Dell who had a massive complex in Nashville just up and disappeared all of a sudden. I get it now.

Back