Funny things the wife does.

My wife, bless her heart is not mechanically inclined at all. She has no understanding of how much work goes into even the simplest projects .

She has been baby proofing the house as we have a relative staying with us that has a toddler.

I found this today on my front door.

What has your wife done that's funny?

Attachments

• IMG_20230904_111412627.jpg
    IMG_20230904_111412627.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 132
Bless her heart. And yours too, as a mechanic who knows how these things work, it has to be an adjustment.

Most funny thing my wife has done is marry me. I remember the one time she got home, and calmly got the garden hose, and handed it over to me, so I could put out the lawn mower that I had set on fire... as if that was a common occurrence. One of us married up. The other one... bless her heart.

My wife is an expert at creating, fixing and running computer code. When there is a code problem, her coworkers immediately call on her. HOWEVER, certain mechanical items are just above her comprehension.
Here’s one that the whole family, herself included, will laugh about: When she looks at a slow-moving ceiling fan, she cannot determine if the air is being pushed up or down. 😁

My wife, bless her heart is not mechanically inclined at all. She has no understanding of how much work goes into even the simplest projects .

She has been baby proofing the house as we have a relative staying with us that has a toddler.

That's funny!

I'm a weirdo who prefers door handles over doorknobs. However, one of my cats can open doors with handles so I had to change a few door handles to knobs. I like handles because I can open them with wet or greasy fingers, I can use an elbow, and in case of a fire, I don't have to grab a red-hot doorknob. Speaking of fire. Don't let your cat run around in the kitchen if you cook with gas. Cats are naturally born arsonists. I have never before seen a doorknob accessory for a handle.

Mine is always telling me better ways that I could load the dishwasher.
Just the opposite in my house. My wife to this day (she is over 70) doesn't know how to load a dishwasher, I have to go behind her and straighten things out (for example, dishes turned with the dirty side facing the wall of the dishwasher.) I long ago gave up trying to tell her the right way, I just do it myself.

Just the opposite in my house. My wife to this day (she is over 70) doesn't know how to load a dishwasher, I have to go behind her and straighten things out (for example, dishes turned with the dirty side facing the wall of the dishwasher.) I long ago gave up trying to tell her the right way, I just do it myself.
She has trained you well.

Our newer Tahoe has a user defined graphics dash. I played around with it and got the most common things larger - and things only I like to see smaller … Tell her I’m taking it to town …
“Don’t mess with the dash - I have it just right and don’t KNOW HOW”
Me: “I did that” … Her: “Well, don’t mess with it anyway”

Guarantee there is something you cannot do that your wife thinks you’re utterly helpless over.

For instance, when someone say something, I usually hear it for what it is… my wife can pick up on contextual things I’m completely oblivious to. My wife will be like, did you hear the way she said “yeah…” I think they’re about to get divorced and her cat died recently.

My wife has a pretty severe case of ADD and she’s unmedicated for it. Everyday is something new and I love it. I also keep a list of just random off the wall crazy things she says, many not appropriate for this board…

The other day she casually texted me to tell me the “faucet light” was on in the van and it won’t remote start. I immediately think “oh crap” and tell her to stop driving it and check the oil. She then sends me a picture, it’s the check engine light and “hamburger launcher” light. Just needed a new gas cap.

My wife has a pretty severe case of ADD and she’s unmedicated for it. Everyday is something new and I love it. I also keep a list of just random off the wall crazy things she says, many not appropriate for this board…

The other day she casually texted me to tell me the “faucet light” was on in the van and it won’t remote start. I immediately think “oh crap” and tell her to stop driving it and check the oil. She then sends me a picture, it’s the check engine light and “hamburger launcher” light. Just needed a new gas cap.
My wife called because the excited horseshoe light was on.

My wife is decently mechanically inclined

But does not want the details

How clothes dryer works, engine, nuclear reactor- she can understand and will even ask but a couple minutes in…she really didn’t want the details

My wife is decently mechanically inclined

But does not want the details

How clothes dryer works, engine, nuclear reactor- she can understand and will even ask but a couple minutes in…she really didn’t want the details
"How do engines work?"
"It's a system of internal combustion where..."
"OK, got it. That's enough"

Back