Wife and Dogs attacked by 2 boxers and a Pitbull!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: wantin150
... She refused. She told me that if I yelled at it, it would bite.... She threatened to call the police and finally called the dog back into the yard. People just have no sense sometimes. ...

Yes, that's what I'm talking about. Liability laws or not, the owner can be an as big or bigger problem.

It does suck. This city police department says it does not do police reports on dog bites(which to me is crazy, my wife was assaulted due to the negligence of a neighbor) they say the animal control department takes the report. I don't want this guys money, he has none, I don't want his job, I just want to make sure that this event is properly recorded. I also only want my damages.

Sorry to hear about this bad happening. Glad no one was hurt badly. I agree that the real problem is with the owner that own the dogs with no area to run. I see this around here with the Amish, keeping a "watch" dod with a super small kennel, many times even without shade. But then they're "good" people.

Keep us posted on how this all turns out.

This is why I prefer cats as pets. I don't understand dogs and have no desire to have one. (Oh, once in a long while I think, "It'd be cool to have a collie along on a walk or run," but the idea never lasts.) People who don't want to take the time or energy to play with their dogs, train them, and let them run, shouldn't have them. I'm like that, so I don't have one.

I hate to mention this, Bryan . . . but what about the possibility of rabies? The attacking dogs will be under observation, you said. Will that observation let you know whether your wife needs to undergo the rabies treatment?

I'm sorry to hear this happened. I hope everyone recovers okay!

I'm impressed by your self-control. If that had happened to my wife, I'd kill the dog owner, almost literally. When a person owns dogs, they KNOW what their temperment is, and what they are capable of. It's lke having a dangerous weapon, and being careless with it.

His carelessness has cost your family greatly, and the law won't punish him enough. He'll lose his dogs, and MAYBE get a fine. If you can cost him his job, DO IT. Do whatever you have to to make him pay...or else there is no justice.

Originally Posted By: CROWNVIC4LIFE
Pitbulls are Banned in Miami Dade County.

I don't understand people who have Pitbulls with small children around...There has been numerous attacks on infants in Broward County involving Pitbulls that made me sick.

Don't generalize. Yes, there are alot of pitt bull attacks but they are not what the media makes them out to be. Mine is friendly and a very social animal. I would and have trusted her completely around elderly and young.

Originally Posted By: Bryanccfshr
I feel bed for that dog too, it never gets walks or trips to the dog park. Why even have a dog?

I'm totally with you there Bryan. My neigbors dogs stay out 24/7/365, even when it's 15 below o. They hardly get any attention. It's abuse as far as I'm concerned.

Glad you're OK and you kept your cool. I'd have broken the Pitbulls skull in half with that pipe. I can not stand them. Even the supposed well behaved and socialized ones can sketch out and end up attacking someone.

I've had a few other dogs try and attack my German Shepard (one of the most mellow breeds if socialized well) and all it took was one loud growl and a lunge from my dog to fend of the others. Shiatsus would be defenseless had your wife not been there. I hope she and the dogs are OK.

11.gif

Originally Posted By: bigmike
Pitbulls are Banned in Miami Dade County.

I don't understand people who have Pitbulls with small children around...There has been numerous attacks on infants in Broward County involving Pitbulls that made me sick.

Don't generalize. Yes, there are alot of pitt bull attacks but they are not what the media makes them out to be. Mine is friendly and a very social animal. I would and have trusted her completely around elderly and young.

99% of brutal dog attacks are by pit bulls...Several attacked mail people this year and every year for that matter...Pit bulls make to news very often.

I have 2 friends who each have pit bulls..They seem friendly enough but experts claim [on the local news awhile ago] that pit bulls can all of sudden go crazy for no reason and attack...Thats what happened to a lot of people down here...A lot of children were attacked by them...The owners of those pit bulls all said their dogs were good dogs and never showed any signs of aggression.

I know this is going to fall on deaf ears to pit bull lovers.

A friend of mine was attacked by a pit bull in Miami-Dade last year [some people sneak them in] had to spend time in the hospital because of it...The cops tried to locate the owner but were unsuccessful..The dog was put down...My friend had to take a ton of shots...Now he panics when he sees any dog bigger then a Shih Tzu.

Originally Posted By: Benzadmiral
This is why I prefer cats as pets. I don't understand dogs and have no desire to have one. (Oh, once in a long while I think, "It'd be cool to have a collie along on a walk or run," but the idea never lasts.) People who don't want to take the time or energy to play with their dogs, train them, and let them run, shouldn't have them. I'm like that, so I don't have one.

I hate to mention this, Bryan . . . but what about the possibility of rabies? The attacking dogs will be under observation, you said. Will that observation let you know whether your wife needs to undergo the rabies treatment?

+1

I have 2 friends who each have pit bulls..They seem friendly enough but experts claim [on the local news awhile ago] that pit bulls can all of sudden go crazy for no reason and attack...Thats what happened to a lot of people down here...A lot of children were attacked by them...The owners of those pit bulls all said their dogs were good dogs and never showed any signs of aggression.

Yes, you hear that over and over, almost without exception. "I never expected that from Angel...."

Yes. Fortunately her wounds are to her hands and arm and not her face/neck.. The dogs are in quarintine for 10 days for rabies observation.

Bryanccfsh I don't want this guys money said:
Kudos for being way more than reasonable. I respect that. Good luck with everything.

Boxers are right up there with Labs for being well behaved/friendly. This is out of character for the breed.

Oh man, that's awful. You wife went through he**. I'm glad nothing serious happened to either of you and that you both come out the other side (mostly) unscathed.

When I was about 16 I played Tennis. I had a hand me down racket with a wooden frame around it to keep it from warping, (lucky for me this thing had some weight and mass). I was jogging home, and a German Shepard had broken his leash and came charging me from behind. Out running this dog was not an option. As he approached I turned and faced him, with Tennis racket in hand. I hit him with the corner of the racket on his head in between his eyes, and knocked him out for the 10 count. At this point the dog was bleeding, and the owner PO'ed and threatening me. I asked him to call the police, which one of the neighbors already did. He was given a warning, collected his dog took him to the vet, I proceeded home unharmed. Had it been a baseball bat the dog would have been dead.

To the OP thank God no one was seriously hurt.

Cats are OK unless the owner refused to keep them contained (like my neighbor). I am sick and tired of having their cats urinate on my porch.

I used top have a problem with cats roaming, but don't anymore.

Our side of the street isn't infested with funnelwebs, while over the road has heaps. Our side has about 6 cats that roam, theirs doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back