Freedom

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: GROUCHO MARX
Freedom. Try to remember the freedom of today. Tomorrow, you won't have as much of it.

This will be my last post in this thread so as not to turn it political.

It is odd how laws are almost never created to increase our freedom, only take it away.

Originally Posted By: Christopher Hussey
Freedom. Try to remember the freedom of today. Tomorrow, you won't have as much of it.

It is odd how laws are almost never created to increase our freedom, only take it away.

It is mind blowing to think about how many laws are out there. That is why I am against so many new laws. My cousin was on FB spouting off about some law that was voted down. It was a feel good law around spousal abuse. I asked her if her hubby hit her would he go to jail? She said yes. I said why do we need a new law then? She said that I am not a woman and did not understand. I told her there is nothing to understand except that someone wanted a new law and it didn't do anything more except make all the law textbooks a little thicker so they would have to cut down more trees. She immediately took my side because she is a greenie. Ahhhhh they are so easy to manipulate
smile.gif

You people need to WAKE UP!

Originally Posted By: Donald
Originally Posted By: RiceCake
This looks useless.

+1

JK +2

I agree....... Land of the ??????? I like your sig as well....

Freedom,a word that we often never think of but a way of life we have always cherished as a nation.

It is fast becoming less and less as younger generations have either forgotten or not realized the cost of it.Many have become very excepting of "national authority" and do not question what they do or say,especially if they dont think it applies to them.A scary way of thinking.

Many may have heard or seen the follwing before,its origin is from a speech given by Martin Niemöller.

This is something to think about.

"When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out."

Cameras are about everywhere.
Phones track where we go.
Boston was a lockdown looking for just 1 guy.
A massacre happens? You saw what happened.
On and on and on.

It doesn't take a lot of imagination to see that we are headed down a bad road.

I'm an optimist, I prefer to believe that one day the great 'silent majority' will awaken and retake the country!

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8

I'm an optimist, I prefer to believe that one day the great 'silent majority' will awaken and retake the country!

I hope so too - BUT - Look at how kids have been raised over the past 15 or so years VS how we were raised 40-60 years ago.... Kids are constantly told what to do & what not to do... "constantly". Apply that and you'll see what's all being accepted as "normal" by the Zombies.....

Freedom is being indoctrined out!!

Not going to happen in your country or mine...

While standing at the deli yesterday, two draksacks were discussing buying a home, with one cautioning the other "If you buy, they'll take your rental assistance off you..."

That's how you buy the status quo, and boil the frog at the same time.

Originally Posted By: Shannow

Not going to happen in your country or mine...

While standing at the deli yesterday, two draksacks were discussing buying a home, with one cautioning the other "If you buy, they'll take your rental assistance off you..."

That's how you buy the status quo, and boil the frog at the same time.

yeah, everyone is a scammer. Very little personal pride left anymore.

This was the first post on this topic and I have no idea what you wanted to say.

American citizens were interred during WWII. Yet we have much less freedom, today, right?

I think we have too much 24/7 media exposure vs decades past. You're free to turn off the TV.

Originally Posted By: surfstar
American citizens were interred during WWII. Yet we have much less freedom, today, right?

It depends on how you look at it. I'm not convinced things are significantly worse today than in the past.

A little over 40 years ago, my Dad was given the choice of going to jail or going to Vietnam. A few years before that, people were denied the right to go to school, vote, get married, sit in the front of a bus, or even use certain water fountains because of the color of their skin. That's not how I would define freedom.

The powers that be having been playing the same games for a very long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back