Going to the Indy 500 this year - need racetrack package ideas

Y'all:

Sue and I are planning a trip to the 2024 Indy 500. We will fly from California to Denver, then rent a car and drive to Indy and back (to Denver). Sue and I like road trips and this will be a nice way to enjoy this fine nation by driving through some flyover states. I've been in 43 states but Kansas isn't one of them. It's time that I see it.

With respect to the race itself, do any of you folks have firsthand experience with any of the Indy 500 race packages that include race tickets, hotels, transportation, paddock access, etc? I've looked and some of these ticket packages are upwards of $2,000 per person. Sue and I like nice hotels and such so $2,000 per person isn't a deal killer, but we want our money's worth.

Sue and I have been going to races together for 49 years. Regardless of where the race was (including the 1983 24 Hours of Le Mans), we're not the "package type" of race fan. Normally we buy our own tickets, reserve our own hotel room, have our own car, and do our own thing from there. We like the freedom to flow with it and do as we please.

But given the size and nuances of Indy, we're thinking a package deal might be best. Advice anyone?

Scott

You gonna take in a few short track races while you are there? Seems that IRP usually runs champ cars/midgets the Friday/saturday before and of course the Little 500. I am jealous. On the bucket list.

Back