Ford Motor posts $1 billion profit...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just hope the union workers allow Ford to make enough profit to survive over the long term.

Originally Posted By: Burt
I just hope the union workers allow Ford to make enough profit to survive over the long term.

The Cleveland UAW engine plant workers today just voted AGAINST modifying their contract to a no strike agreement in 2011.

Originally Posted By: defektes
alot of old GM customers switched due to the bailout. and I dont blame them.
I wouldn't buy a G.M. product before the bailout.

Originally Posted By: hone eagle
Direct labour is 8% the cost of manufacture.UAW contracts will niether sink nor save any maufacturer

The legacy costs are huge. Plus this was about the union agreeing not to strike during contract renewall. NOT about their costs. Right now Ford is still very fragile and a strike could bury them. But the UAW apparently sees it differently.

Ford is doing a great job. I have happily owned many Ford's and will buy many more.

If I was Ford I would tell the union to get lost when the contract is up and move south. I would bet the CEO earns his money. I can't say the same for the union labor when high school drop outs make $50+/hr.

Originally Posted By: PT1
Originally Posted By: hone eagle
Direct labour is 8% the cost of manufacture.UAW contracts will niether sink nor save any maufacturer

The legacy costs are huge. Plus this was about the union agreeing not to strike during contract renewall. NOT about their costs. Right now Ford is still very fragile and a strike could bury them. But the UAW apparently sees it differently.

Legacy costs are GONE read up on the veba agreement ,takes effect jan 1 next year.

Originally Posted By: milwaukee
Ford is doing a great job. I have happily owned many Ford's and will buy many more.

If I was Ford I would tell the union to get lost when the contract is up and move south. I would bet the CEO earns his money. I can't say the same for the union labor when high school drop outs make $50+/hr.

never did make 50 a hour unless you worked a sunday.
you ever work a 7 day operation? not fun

Great news and I hope GM & Chrysler follow. Healthy domestic auto manufacturing is good for the economy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back