At Ford Quality is Now Problem 1

That’s a personal observation and opinion, not a problem.
Do not we live in a world where my opinions and "beliefs" ARE reality? Seriously, it's butt ugly and the Sequoia looks great.

My 2021 Ford F150 has been the best truck I have ever owned (I have owned all brand trucks except for Honda Ridgeline). I bought new for a great price in December of 2021. I have had 1 software update/recall. No issues whatsoever. It had 5 miles on it when I purchased and now has a little over 14,000. I have been very pleased. I guess I'm lucky.

I would never buy a Ford because many of their modern engines have idiotic design flaws, like putting the water pump (something I consider a wear item) behind the timing cover, good job Ford, you made a $600, 2 hour job a $1500, 2 day job.

Having owned 5 new Fords over the past 43 years, I have never had a "BAD" one, several have been frustrating enough that I moved on to the next vehicle. A Honda Accord also went before it was paid off. So far the new Maverick has been good, although a side curtains airbag replacement is coming up, at least they are not band-aiding it this time. My Ford Pass shows no recalls.

Last edited:
Doesn't surprise me at all. Been having 5.0 F150 issues since we started running them in 2015. Continous cam phaser issues, substandard wiring harnesses and electric e brakes that disintegrate on any gravel road use, vacuum hubs that grind themselves into oblivion. Each newer model truck we get is just the same old garbage in a new wrapper.

Twin-turbo four cylinder engines, lots of room for problems. After watching videos about Ford a warranty and towing insurance are needed. Plus dealing with major repairs at such low mileage and the frustration of dealing with the dealership. They should have stuck with older v8 engines in their trucks and kept design changes to a minimum. Imagine the future EV changes from year to year and the problems they will have with battery replacements will be crazy also.
The fact that they jack their prices up way over MSRP makes ford look like crooks. I guess the idea of simpler more reliable vehicles that could be produced and sold in greater numbers isn't the plan.

Ford is out here sending it . There quality is getting better and will top Toyota and Honda trust . And folks gonna buy Ford’s regardless of the issues . Ford will be fine

I would never buy a Ford because many of their modern engines have idiotic design flaws, like putting the water pump (something I consider a wear item) behind the timing cover, good job Ford, you made a $600, 2 hour job a $1500, 2 day job.
You're correct, primarily design flaws that the customer is expected to ultimately pay for, their design staff is too busy tripping over $20 bills to find nickels. What group of idiots design a pickup that has to have the entire cab removed to get a head off?

Had F series since 1991 always from 150s up to 450s I am very brand loyal to ford and will continue for anything above a half ton and it would take a free chevy or ram to convince me otherwise and then I would drive it to the neatest ford dealer and get a super duty

Now that being said my last half ton was a new 2014 great truck but my son insisted on a Tundra for his work truck when the 150 got up in miles
So for the first time since 1991 we got a Toyota

I decided we needed a " Colorado vacation" truck to take to my land in the mountains looked at Rangers but the whole "looks like it's running downhill" or the "slope from the tailgate to the mirrors body line " discusted me and makes them look Australian or South American

2019 Tacoma for the styling win over the Ranger so we got one

Now half my truck fleet is Toyota and for 3/4 ton and up Ford is still the King unless Toyota decides to go to building heavies I don't see myself changing

You're correct, primarily design flaws that the customer is expected to ultimately pay for, their design staff is too busy tripping over $20 bills to find nickels. What group of idiots design a pickup that has to have the entire cab removed to get a head off?
Not making excuses for the design. But in a shop equipped correctly it's not a big deal to take off a cab.

My 2021 Ford F150 has been the best truck I have ever owned (I have owned all brand trucks except for Honda Ridgeline). I bought new for a great price in December of 2021. I have had 1 software update/recall. No issues whatsoever. It had 5 miles on it when I purchased and now has a little over 14,000. I have been very pleased. I guess I'm lucky.
Dude, you have put a whopping 13,995 miles on it. I guess someone has to lower the bar for everyone. :rolleyes:

Not making excuses for the design. But in a shop equipped correctly it's not a big deal to take off a cab.
Seems like it's far easier and faster to remove the cab vs disassemble the engine bay.

Or so the TikTok Ford techs say...

Back