They can go ahead and strike-- I got my truck.

No new trucks are not garbage. A new half ton will tow up to 13,000 pounds-they ride pleasant on the highway, and equipped like nice cars, and on the highway will get 25 mpg. Sorry-but the Op's purchase isn't any of those things.
A new half ton will tow up to 13,000 pounds
Sure they can, you can do anything once. 13000 lbs reliably, day in day out, no
on the highway will get 25 mpg
no they dont.

15mpg from an EFI 351 would amaze me....but at lower altitude and with a 2wd I guess I could see it.

OP, start watching for serpentine E-series to rob the Sag p/s bracket ;)

I have owned 4-yes they do get 25mpg. You obviously don't know what you are talking about-nor can probably afford one.
Nope guess I dont.

Show me one average MPG screenshot of a 2020 or above 1500 truck, from the dash over 100 miles.

Nope guess I dont.

Show me one average MPG screenshot of a 2020 or above 1500 truck, from the dash over 100 miles.
As I said I have owned 4-the Silverados with the AFM will do 25mpg all day long in 4cyl. mode at no faster than 70mph.
You either know or you don't.
I not arguing with someone who has doesn't drive a truck.
Have a nice day.

Had pretty much the same F150, except black with red interior, for 10 mostly trouble free years. Sold it at 155k miles, body rust was starting to be an issue.
Lots of family camping memories made with that truck.

If you can get ‘em mostly rust free, they are great trucks, congrats on the find!
Wife’s grandfather had one like this with a 302 years ago; ran great but rotted right out.
Had a friend with a Bronco of this era with a 351; said it got less than 10mpg on a good day, got rid of it bc gas costs just weren’t worth it. Beast of a truck, though!

@weaponsoffreedom

This '21 Sierra HD truck is hands down the quietest truck I've ever owned as in quiet on the road and no rattles. Had 1 small issue that had a TSB that was dealt with. 21k miles on the truck now with 16k towing including a 6700 mile Az-Fla-Pa-Az trip and it hasn't missed a beat. I bought it to tow and it does it without drama. Not sure what's garbage. And it's a Covid build, delivered 5/21.

The OP's new truck is great for hauling stuff and going to the cabin and the dump and whatever. Big road trips? Only if the possibility of doing roadside repairs doesn't bother you. Sure new trucks can break but I'll take my chances.

Last edited:
Grandpa smiles to himself walking back to scam HQ/Home counting the cash the punk gave him for the barnyard rebuild F150 he just inflicted upon him. Sawdust tranny rebuild? Check. 90 weight engine rebuild? Check. Bondo and black spraypaint frame repair? Check. j/k Hope it is a great truck for you.

@weaponsoffreedom

This '21 Sierra HD truck is hands down the quietest truck I've ever owned as in quiet on the road and no rattles. Had 1 small issue that had a TSB that was dealt with. 21k miles on the truck now with 16k towing including a 6700 mile Az-Fla-Pa-Az trip and it hasn't missed a beat. I bought it to tow and it does it without drama. Not sure what's garbage. And it's a Covid build, delivered 5/21.

The OP's new truck is great for hauling stuff and going to the cabin and the dump and whatever. Big road trips? Only if the possibility of doing roadside repairs doesn't bother you. Sure new trucks can break but I'll take my chances.
21 Sierra HD truck is hands down the quietest truck I've ever owned
I agreed, and again, I will say
just got rid off my PERSONAL truck, a 2020 2500HD, for many reasons. I have several others as WORK trucks.

In comparison to the older models, such as the GMT400, GMT600,GMT800 "classic" they are garbage.

I have a GMT400 truck, 7.4 Vortec, 4l80e, 4x4 that is like brand new, these new trucks will not last this long.

My opinion is based off of my experiences with GM trucks over the last 30 years. Steadily, I have seen a decline in quality, and an increase in repairs, and an increase in "large issues".

If you like yours, great, have fun.

Good Find in your area. Those fuel tank selector switch would go bad a lot of times.
This. I've never opened one up but been told you can fix them pretty easily.

Fortunately for OP they did a single in-tank pump beginning in '90, which was way better than the stupid low pressure/high pressure combo in '89 and earlier

Had pretty much the same F150, except black with red interior, for 10 mostly trouble free years. Sold it at 155k miles, body rust was starting to be an issue.
Lots of family camping memories made with that truck.
The patented Ford Whorehouse Red? (think about it -- it really is!!!)

Classic!!!

Too bad it doesn't have the old man cap! :ROFLMAO:
My grandpa's truck had the cap. I would've bought his truck but just didn't have the space for another vehicle at the time. He changed the oil every 6 months whether it needed it or not, probably 1000 mile intervals, haha. I also don't think the truck ever broke 65 mph since new.

No new trucks are not garbage. A new half ton will tow up to 13,000 pounds-they ride pleasant on the highway, and equipped like nice cars, and on the highway will get 25 mpg. Sorry-but the Op's purchase isn't any of those things.
I know which one I'd rather tow a trailer across the country in, but they are certainly more complex, like all newer cars, and have higher maintenance costs over the long term. This isn't an issue for people who lease or turn them over every 5 years, but I get not everyone can or wants to do that. It's the main reason why a bunch of the municipalities and contractors here have switched from diesel to gas trucks.

Am I the only one concerned about the first gen E4OD? Or is this an M5OD?

The early E4OD's often cratered around 130k

A nice find find that should work out for you, since you aren't afraid to get your hands dirty and are willing to tackle whatever needs attention, as many things will with this old machine.
This will not be a turnkey daily driver needing no more than gas for months on end, but you already know that.

1696280994575.jpg

no they dont.
25 is a little generous. My 2018 F150 4WD if I baby it down the interstate on summer gas gets me around 20. Mine is a heavy pig though, like payload around 1250 heavy. Lighter XL's and STX 2.7 2wd F150's can get low to mid 20's if driven the speed limit. Here is a shot from fuelly on standard cabs with the 2.7 - there are are 2 reporting 25 and above, which isn't many, but it shows that it is possible.
1696281214166.jpg

Back