Ford Hit With 1.7 Billion Verdict on F250 Roof Collapse

Yes, that's often the case, the truck, having a higher centre of gravity, will roll over when hit from the side.

There have been plenty of vehicles less safe than Pick-up trucks, lol.
- Chevy Cavalier
- Dodge Neon
- Honda CRX
- Nissan Pulsar
- Chevy/Geo Tracker
- Suzuki Sidekick

And then of course it depends on the type of collision. In a front-end or rear-end, pick-ups and truck-based/style SUV's tend to do extremely well against other vehicles. When hit from the side, they are more likely to roll-over.
They have crappy brakes; they handle like Titanic, etc.

Yes, that's often the case, the truck, having a higher centre of gravity, will roll over when hit from the side.

There have been plenty of vehicles less safe than Pick-up trucks, lol.
- Chevy Cavalier
- Dodge Neon
- Honda CRX
- Nissan Pulsar
- Chevy/Geo Tracker
- Suzuki Sidekick

And then of course it depends on the type of collision. In a front-end or rear-end, pick-ups and truck-based/style SUV's tend to do extremely well against other vehicles. When hit from the side, they are more likely to roll-over.
As I have stated before - I live in a Super Duty town - some adhoc event does not change what I’ve seen over and over - the big PSD‘s leave the sedans bleeding out antifreeze at the intersection - waiting on a tilt bed …

Conversely - a stiff body on frame is not what you want to be in hitting a fixed object (culvert) …

Last edited:
Back