RJ Reynolds ordered to pay Robinson $25 billion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: dave1251

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
That woman did not die from smoking half a joint before going to bed. I am sorry, no way, no how. Not happening.

This means you are the resident medical doctor on BITOG and you have conducted a separate autopsy? How did you make this determination?

No need to be a medical doctor or conduct an autopsy to see the holes in a Daily Mail "news" story. Just a little common sense.

1. Daily Mail is a tabloid. Tabloids report Elvis sightings, alien abductions, etc. Not actual, factual news.

2. The article states the woman is the "first person to DIE from cannabis poisioning in Britain." That makes no sense whatsoever. If "cannabis poisioning" was even physically possible, it would have been happening decades ago. Not for the first time ever in 2014. Daily Mail's claim makes literally no sense at all. People have used it recreationally in the western world for at least a century. Much longer in some places.

3. The claim that the woman died as a result of cannabis use would be believeable if it was cancer or some other respiratory problem after many years of use. The idea of someone suddenly dying after smoking "half a joint" is simply absurd though. There is simply not enough of any damaging component to cause sudden death. Ask a poison control center or real medical doctor...they will tell you the same thing. It's simply not possible.

Smoking anything can do damage, but lets be realistic here. This Daily Mail article you linked to is totally absurd. That's what makes Daily Mail a tabloid. If there was any basis to the claims in their article, you could find medical journals, or even a halfway researched AP or Reuters article to back it up.

None of those three links supports the Daily Mail claim that smoking half a joint can cause sudden death.

They do say that prolonged, chronic use could impact the cardiovascular system, something I did not deny, but none support the "sudden death by cannabis poisioning" claim.

In fact, the second link says...
"A large cohort study showed no association of marijuana use with cardiovascular disease hospitalization or mortality."

And the subject in the third link smoked 20 tobacco cigarettes a day. I wonder what that does to your cardiovascular system?

Originally Posted By: LazyPrizm
Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
At one point in my life, years ago, I would smoke up to five blunts a day.

Good lord, Cheech!
smile.gif
Were you doing them euro-style w/ tobacco mixed in? 1/3 of one and I'd be good for an afternoon...

No tobacco mixed in...all pot. It wasn't very potent stuff though, just "dirt weed."

A five blunt day was on the extreme end and weekends only, but a typical day was 2-3.

I can't do that anymore. One blunt would put me right to sleep.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back