Using Mobil 1 ESP X2 0W20: Any Additional Advantages in my Application?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...there you go AGAIN...painting with a broad brush; "...move on together as a team as most techs do". You're comments are full of speculation and assumption. I simply don't believe your supposed knowledge is superior nor accurate. But, you do keep spewing it out there as if you're the only one that has a clue.

Lol wut? The only way that could possibly happen is if the 10W winter rating was so inappropriate that the oil could not be pumped.

But I don’t think you understand basic physics.
Engineers have said rod bearing clearance, connecting rod side clearance and 60 weight oil was the problem.

Engineers have said rod bearing clearance, connecting rod side clearance and 70 weight oil was the problem.
You could put 0W-30 unicorn tears in S65 and S85 and they will still wear the bearings. If the engineers said it was a problem why didn’t they change the oil spec ever? They changed to the 10W-60 in a matter of two months in 2001 with S54. Many owners and engine builders have run lower viscosity oils and there’s been no cases showing any benefit. A friend of mine ran M1 0W-40 in one for a while and his bearings still looked trashed when he changed them.

...there you go AGAIN...painting with a broad brush; "...move on together as a team as most techs do". Your comments are full of speculation and assumption. I simply don't believe your supposed knowledge is superior nor accurate. But, you do keep spewing it out there as if you're the only one that has a clue.
I love when people think they read all these car forums and they try to come in to the dealer and tell us what the problem is.

Last edited by a moderator:
I love when people think they read all these car forums and they try to come in to the dealer and tell us what the problem is.
You mean when I had to take my S55 in to get exhaust cam ticking fixed and explain to the master tech 4 times that the issue is loose exhaust cam ledge bolts when he insisted on replacing the lifters because that worked in the past? I even gave them videos showing the exact issue. Not exactly rocket scientists.

You mean when I had to take my S55 in to get exhaust cam ticking fixed and explain to the master tech 4 times that the issue is loose exhaust cam ledge bolts when he insisted on replacing the lifters because that worked in the past? I even gave them videos showing the exact issue. Not exactly rocket scientists.
Then why didn’t you fix it bud if you knew what it was. You brought it to the pros BC you didn’t know. See we laugh at people like you that send us a car and tell us what’s wrong with it. Then why did you bring it in.

Then why didn’t you fix it bud if you knew what it was. You brought it to the pros BC you didn’t know. See we laugh at people like you that send us a car and tell us what’s wrong with it. Then why did you bring it in.
No, I brought it in because it’s under warranty and I’m not paying for an exhaust camshaft or cam carrier if there was excessive wear present on R&I.

Time is more valuable than money.
Yeah, that too. I’m not trying to put down techs because it’s a different skill set. I would rather have an experienced tech tear down my engine than a person who hasn’t done it before. That doesn’t mean I trust their troubleshooting or failure mode analysis skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back