First time using a battery powered lawnmower

It was the ryobi middle model. I was pretty impressed. My mother in law bought one and like a good son in law I’m taking over her lawn duties, lol. One battery covered front and back and there was enough juice to edge as well. I’ve debated for a long time. My Honda 160 is 15 years old. It still kicks, needs new tires. I’m thinking on getting the twin blade mower for my yard.

I've got a Ryobi 21", 40 volt mower. Gotta admit, I'm impressed. my yard takes an hour to mow - perhaps 10 mins longer with this one (the self-propel is not as fast as my Toro/Honda). It is certainly quieter than a gas mower. It takes both batteries to complete the yard.

Makita has at least 2 mowers.
Ive been using the lesser Over last 3 weeks.
I like how it ups the rpm when loaded with tall thick grass and lowers on the poor portions of lawn.

Ive no recent experience with gas powerd pushmowers, but love he low noise factor.
Battery life not a factor with dads small lawn.

Will pay for itself in 2 months after firing the gardeners, and lawn already looks better, cut as tall as Makita allows.

I have a 13 yr old Craftsman electric plug in lawn mower that takes me no more than 30 minutes start to finish including using the string trimmer and weed killer to do my yard front and back every three weeks. BTW it isn't that quiet when it's running. Not as bad as a gasoline powered unit but still puts out a decent whine from the blade spinning when powered up. I'll stay with my corded unit since I have battery string trimmer and hedge trimmers. I have to replace their batteries every five to six years. The worst cost I have with the corded lawn mower, is getting the blade sharpened every three or four years $10.

What I have observed, they are very quiet and work out good on well maintained lawns. They do not do as well as a gas mower in tall grass.

I've got a Ryobi 21", 40 volt mower. Gotta admit, I'm impressed. my yard takes an hour to mow - perhaps 10 mins longer with this one (the self-propel is not as fast as my Toro/Honda). It is certainly quieter than a gas mower. It takes both batteries to complete the yard.
I got the variable speed whisper quite one. You can set speed by a slide button.

What I have observed, they are very quiet and work out good on well maintained lawns. They do not do as well as a gas mower in tall grass.
That's not so with the higher powered elec mowers. The Toro I have is downright EPIC with regard to maximum output. It competes well with my 6.5HP 2 stroke LawnBoy, which is generally regarded as the most capable 21" mower ever produced.

Where it falls short is in run time. If I am using it as a brushcutter, it lasts maybe 20 minutes.

I wish Milwaukee would make a push mower with no self propelled. The one they sell is too much money for me. I can push my mower. I have a small yard.

I have the Toro 60V electric mower and it's quiet enough to use on Sunday morning at 6AM. The neighbors or mama won't be able to hear it. That is, unless I jam the mower into a pile of pine cones to mulch them up. Then it makes some noise.

It is amazingly pleasant to use.
That would be my #1 reason to buy an electric mower.

Makita has at least 2 mowers.
Ive been using the lesser Over last 3 weeks.
I like how it ups the rpm when loaded with tall thick grass and lowers on the poor portions of lawn.

Ive no recent experience with gas powerd pushmowers, but love he low noise factor.
Battery life not a factor with dads small lawn.

Will pay for itself in 2 months after firing the gardeners, and lawn already looks better, cut as tall as Makita allows.
How well does Mulch? I was thinking about getting one.

How well does Mulch? I was thinking about getting one.
I cant properly give you an opinion, the grass was too short and sparce, rainy season has not kicked in yet.

It was my very first use of the mower, I have no basis for comparison.
Been collecting the clippings since.

Probably a few days out before I use mower again.

I'm willing to reinstall the mulching diverter, to judge mulching performance on healthy thick part of lawn.

How should i judge its mulching ability?

Size of he leftover bits?
Whether they are left in a line?
Some other metric?

I grew up late 70's early 80s with a 3 speed Cub Cadet riding mower with a larger Kohler engine installed, iirc.
It spewed lawn clippings to the right, and brake and clutch were same pedal.
Had the snow plow attachment and chains for it, too.

That, was good fun.

Back