First time using a battery powered lawnmower

I use a mulcher all the time. One way to tell how good it's doing is to mow into deep grass and stop, then back up leaving the blade running if you can. If it's not doing well it will dump a bunch of clippings there. My front mow would dump them if making too fast a turn.

70891141241__CDEA3EA2-08E0-449C-9F96-D744EA25D5B2.jpeg
I decided to this guy. Tomorrow will be my first mow on fairly tall bramuda. I do mow once a week but my schedule got a little busy. This cut will be two weeks.

I’ve had a ryobi 40v for almost 3 years. No complaints really. It has the 6ah battery and self propel. The one battery does the whole lawn except one time when the grass was really high and I used self propel most of the time. I typically only use self propel on the slope near the pond. I also have another 4ah for my ryobi trimmer and blower. Never any problems and very quiet. The rapid charger tops them up in about an hour.

Update

It doesn’t like tall grass. The front yard wasn’t bad. Once the battery get hot it shuts down. Took the battery in the house about 5 times to cool off. The last 1/3 of yard I took out my 15 year old faithful Honda 160 after getting inpatient.

After the grass was cut I used a full charged battery and go over my yard to bag up the clippings. No bogging down and one battery to do front and back with no shut downs from getting hot.

Definitely have to mow once a week which is what I’ve been doing. In order to keep this mower happy. I did use the self propel a few times. Maybe with cutting once a week I may be able use the self propel as well.

Back