Battery time..

Does ForScan have the battery reset ability? I got a dongle off ebay for like twelve bucks when my BILs Fusion was acting up. Money well spent.

I used to only by the highest CCA battery I could find for each vehicle, but one you could warranty out easy enough.

A couple of years ago, both Civics were in need of batteries and I couldn't see spending $200 each on the "best". So I bought the Autozone 6 month special value battery for $60 each. All my vehicles are hooked up to tenders except for the Civics which sometimes sit for a week at a time.

Even where I live, the Civics start every time. I hope I didn't just jinx it, but 2 years now on each for $60 is pretty good value in my book. I hope I get more life out of it, they are $90 now with a 3 month warranty!
That’s basically what I do with my boat - if I buy cheaper marine - I don’t cry over proactively buying a new one … But supporting a 9500# winch with a single battery is different …

Does ForScan have the battery reset ability? I got a dongle off ebay for like twelve bucks when my BILs Fusion was acting up. Money well spent.
You can reset it with Forscan, that's how it was done the last time, the time before that it was reset by sitting overnight.

My VWs all came with Enertec batteries. I replace them at a five year interval simply because I do not want my 74 year old wife to get stuck with a bad battery. I have never had one fail in about 13 years.

you prolly need a charger if not driving enough!! my very old C-Tek Muse 4.3 keeps all my batteries HAPPY, as i drive little especially in winter since retiring. at this time all my car + bike batteries are over 5 YO + doing well, my 2013 Vic Hammer has the OE battery!!!

you prolly need a charger if not driving enough!! my very old C-Tek Muse 4.3 keeps all my batteries HAPPY, as i drive little especially in winter since retiring. at this time all my car + bike batteries are over 5 YO + doing well, my 2013 Vic Hammer has the OE battery!!!
I do have a charger, I have a Noco Genius 5 amp. I have a Schumacher 100amp load tester and I just ordered Ancel BA101. Batteries don't last much more than three years in this car, unfortunately..

FWIW, if you need to warranty out a battery at Walmart, they WILL (it is in their policy to... YMMV depending upon TLE department) require you to leave the battery with them for (X) amount of hours... up to a day, for them to attempt to charge it up and then test it to see if they will honor their warranty. I also had a failed Everstart Maxx that they tried to charge, and they tested it, and it failed their test -- they were going to make me pay the difference since the battery increased in price since when originally purchased (2 years prior... 3 YR Free Replacement on the sticker).

Also, they considered the battery warranty prerequisites "service work" as they were beating around the bush trying to say they wouldn't have time to charge/test it until later that day.

I had to contact the NY State Attorney General to get it resolved.

IMO, Walmart sucks for batteries. What good is a warranty when you need to wait for them to "have time" to charge/test it. If your battery is junk, and its within the warranty... who has time to wait a day to screw around. Lot of times you're jumping the car, driving it to the battery retailer, and changing it in the parking lot.

I now will only purchase NAPA Legends, easy to deal with the local store... can usually snag them for a reasonable price with a coupon code.

Here are the two recommendations from Consumer Reports:
#1 Delphi BU9065 MaxStart AGM Premium 65 $200 Score of 91 and tops in battery life, reserve capacity and CCA

Best Value: AC Delco Professional Gold 65PG $125 Score of 89 down rated only very slightly on reserve capacity. Otherwise similar ratings to the Dephi for battery life and CCA

Here are the two recommendations from Consumer Reports:
#1 Delphi BU9065 MaxStart AGM Premium 65 $200 Score of 91 and tops in battery life, reserve capacity and CCA

Best Value: AC Delco Professional Gold 65PG $125 Score of 89 down rated only very slightly on reserve capacity. Otherwise similar ratings to the Dephi for battery life and CCA
Now I just got to find out, who sells them..

Got a Costco near you? I have heard people really like their service/warranty for batteries. I do not know firsthand. I do not have a Costco near me. Price seems reasonable if your local store has the same price.

Attachments

• IMG_3103.jpg
    IMG_3103.jpg
    94.9 KB · Views: 2
Got a Costco near you? I have heard people really like their service/warranty for batteries. I do not know firsthand. I do not have a Costco near me. Price seems reasonable if your local store has the same price.
Wish I did.. it's about 50 miles away..

Possibly a BJS? I think they sell interstate as well.

What are you looking at for price in your locale for an interstate?

Interstate I can get my hands on, I think Super Start is sold by O'Reilly's I don't have none of them near me.. Thank you very much I really appreciate that.. Odyssey is out of my budget, so is the lnterstate battery.. living on a fixed income ain't easy.. 😕 when expenses come up..
Which retailers are near you?

Don’t discount the premium battery at Walmart with the 3 year replacement warranty. Quality battery for least amount of $$. May be East Penn or JCI.

I have never had issue with the longevity of JCI or East Penn batteries. But I have had the most corroded terminals with JCI by far. The oiled felt washers seem to help, but you really need to keep an eye on any of them (regardless of brand).

Back