Filter for 5000 miles

Status
Not open for further replies.
2018 Jeep Wrangler with the 2.0 liter turbo engine. I think I'm going to go with a 5000 mile oci. I've been using Fram Ultras for a few years on other vehicles but running longer oci.

The Ultra seems like a waste for such a short oci.

The Ultra part number is XG10060

Originally Posted by Mr Nice
Fram Ultra for 3 - 5000 mile oil changes.

This in my way of thinking ^^^^^^^^^

Originally Posted by Stewart Fan
2018 Jeep Wrangler with the 2.0 liter turbo engine. I think I'm going to go with a 5000 mile oci. I've been using Fram Ultras for a few years on other vehicles but running longer oci.

The Ultra seems like a waste for such a short oci.

The Ultra part number is XG10060

I would use the OEM filter until the warranty expires.

I'd have no qualms running an Ultra every OCI during warranty and then every 2-3 OCI afterwards.

We are talking 2-3 dollars difference between OEM and an ultra.

I have been doing a drain/fill every 5k and FU every 10k mi. Blackstone particle count data (2 runs) at 10k are consistent and doing performing well. This spring and summer, I am planning a 10k and 15k pc measurement.

Some times you can find older ultrs,s on e bay for 4 bucks each if you buy a 6 pack.
I got 6 for my chevy 5.3 for 24 bucks

Last edited:
5K oil changes on my Regal GS 2.0 Turbo, fresh oil, fresh filter,
2/3 oil changes on one filter,
crackmeup2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Triple_Se7en

Why?
Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Originally Posted by Al

Why?

As discussed before, a car manufacturer can say: "Go after the aftermarket filter maker to cover the engine damage caused by their filter, not our filter".

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Al

Why?

As discussed before, a car manufacturer can say: "Go after the aftermarket filter maker to cover the engine damage caused by their filter, not our filter".

Only if they're able to prove that it was the aftermarket filter which caused the damage.

OP, if you're adamant on a 5k OCI any filter readily available can handle it. Since you're a Fram fan, I'd use the Tough Guard and call it a day.

Originally Posted by RamFan
Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by Al

Why?

Only if they're able to prove that it was the aftermarket filter which caused the damage.

That's right, and that's the context of the comment. The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act isn't going to make a car manufacturer cover a damaged engine caused by an aftermarket oil filter, Ford/GM/Toyota/etc will tell you to go make the aftermarket filter maker cover the damage with their warranty.

First step is to retain a $250/ hour lawyer. Don't give a dealer any excuse. They may use it.
laugh.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back