STP XL Oil Filter opinions

Parts Plus are Premium Guard built : https://myautoparts.partsplus.com/catalog-2/search?multikeyword=PH2876EX&searchmode=strict

you can also get them here: Rock Auto Parts Plus Premium Guard

Also look at Premium Guard built Microgard Select if you want to give Oreilly a few dollar tip and pay $11 or Carquest Premium if you want to pay $7.80

Johnny248: I prefer the Parts Plus XL filter you posted for the larger holes and no slits like the STP filter. But Parts Plus stores have become few and far between in the Southeast.
1707138933133.jpg

Can't beat the $6.22

Where I am at we have O'Reilly, Advance, Autozone, Napa, Fisher, Auto Value, and Parts Plus.

After my stash of OEM Mopar filters are done I’m looking for a good 99% 20 micron filter to start using. It was going to be Fram Ultras but it seems the build quality has gone down hill as of late.

It’ll be for both newer vehicles. 2021 Ram and 2021 Jeep that get OCI’s of no more than 5-7k.

Unless I’m mistaken, but with the research I’ve done the STP XL filters are 99% and seem to have great build quality. And at around $10 (even less when on sale) I’m not sure I have seen a “better” option.

Just looking to pick y’all’s brain. Thanks!

Good Morning MuzzleFlash40,
With a 5-7k OCI I recommend the Fram Tough Guard. 15K mileage rating plus 99% efficiency @20 microns. At $7.17 its a best value. In my view the Fram Ultra Synthetic remains a great filter. At $8.97, it too is priced well below the STP and both are USA manufactured.

Back