Esso tire pumps, No more Free air!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why should I expect a company to buy an air compressors/regulators/air hoses/air chucks and a pressure gage so anyone can ir their tires for free? I didn't mention the jerks who throw the air chuck/gage on the ground when their done. Then there is the std maintance on the compressor and stuff. A convience for a very few that only adds to the cost of gas because someone must pay.

In California a gas station is required to provide free air and water for customers cars. In addition they are required to supplies to clean your windshield.

However, most stations now have a slot to put in quarters to get air and water. If you don't want to pay you have to ask the attendent to turn it on for you.

Lumberg if you hit up a "big lots" store you can get a pretty nice chinese compressor for under $100. It'll regulate to 115 PSI +/- and run most air toys. With Christmas coming you might be able to get one of the "quasi-portables" from sears or home depot for similar $$$.

chevron should always give free air, it was the gimmick that got them started (as standard oil) in the first place. when air filled tires first came out they were the first stations to give away compressed air.

i think the reasons its no longer free?

1) leaving hose off hook, compressor runs all the time
2) damage done to the hose etc.

No doubt users of the compressed air equipment are abusive toward it. Dropping hoses and guages and leaving them exposed to likely damage that increases costs to the station probably encouragess them to reduce the free supply of air.

I carry tire plugs with me and have used them several times. I also carry a small compressor or a tire pump in my car.

About once a month I check and adjust tire pressures at home while the tires are cool.

Quiktrip stations have free air and water. I get sick of asking the 7-11, Fina, and Chevron nearest me to turn on the air thing. I'll drive the extra half a mile to fill my tires at the QT.

there hasn't been free air at any gas station around this city in at least 5 years. I always paid for it until I got a 12V air compressor for xmas last year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back